Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey has any one had this problem. The map light i.e dome light by sunroof has gone out two times in three months and Lexus replaced the unit. They said they have had alot of cars with this problem. I had my other car for three years and the lights never went out. I'm afraid my cd changer is going to go out soon! i'm just curious :eek:

·
Manufacturer of Pipes
5,285 Posts
Almost all of the people i have heard with this problem with the map light bulbs are with the 02' models... and like you said Lexus definetley knows about it... but haven't heard of any recalls yet... it is most likely not the bulb... but the housing..

Joe Z

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
10300 miles
no cd or dome light probs *double cross finger*

got some squeak and rattle but its all good now : )

·
Registered
6,985 Posts
Yeah, my map light went out too, where the sunroof buttons are, anybody know what kind of light that is?? :whine:

·
Registered
322 Posts
My map light went out at 7k miles and i dont wanna bring it to the dealer cus my warranty is shot and they are dicks over here, so they wont touch the map light housing to spite me for modding the intake/exhaust/header/ECU. Any way to change this yourself??

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
BassMan097 said:
Any way to change this yourself??
It's a light. Of course you can replace it yourself.

...just determine which light is the correct replacement and blammo.

·
Registered
313 Posts
I set my dome light to turn on when the doors are open but sometimes it does not turn on when the door opens. I think that this part of the car is cheaply made or just a bad design. I have only had the car for 2 1/2 months.

·
Registered
165 Posts
I have an 03 and my map light went out after 1K miles...I haven't been in to have them replace it yet! :(

03 IS300 5speed -GGP
Clears
About to drop in the SRT/ECU

·
11,062 Posts
Funny...I just turned on the map light for the FIRST TIME last Saturday. Never needed it before.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
About this Discussion
18 Replies
18 Participants
SeattleSheila
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing