Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whats up IS community? Well I got $76 worth of LED lights (parking, trunk, license, dome and map) and I am a total rookie at installing even LIGHTS! But I managed to figure it out, so rookies, don't be ashamed, it can happen! Installed 2/5 so far (trunk and dome, fairly easy, took me 25 minutes though, hehe).

Well when I tried to install my dome light, i was a complete rookie and I unscrewed the 2 screws off and screwed switch of the dome light. I think when i took the handle off from the domelight, a piece of metal fell out that belonged to the switch, and i dont know where it went and cant find it, so now when i screw back on the switch, it wont touch the metal to turn the lights on/off. The switch feels very loose, it is suppose to be tight. Any help or DIY pictures? Thanks, hope to hear your responses soon.

....Not to mention, I am such a total rookie that i tried to force the parking lights out with my fingers (and I was assuming "wow I am this strong and i cannot pull off this stupid light switch). My fingers are busted opened, my other rookie friend unscrewed by air filter (START LAUGHING:lol: ) because he too thought it was hard and the air filter got in the way. So as he screwed it back on, the screw broked in half and now I am left with more problems. I have a half screw stuck inside and a loose air filter :(.

The whole time i was not suppose to unscrew any screws from the dome (in fact Nigellll states these were suppose to be the easiest ones to do) and the whole time i was suppose to turn it counter clockwise to remove the parking lights!:pissed:

Trial and Error guys, all trial and error, just like how i did with my fog light mod. Pictures will be posted (finally) once I finally have my lighting mods finished.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
UPDATE: ALL LIGHTs installed, except for the license plate light.
Also fixed the dome by inserting a ball point pen spring (took it apart to get the spring) and placed it on the dome. Only "door option" works and the light only works on "door"....so that was mainly why I wanted it anyways. Also problem solved, the half- screw from the air intake somehow just fell OFF!!! MIRACLE!!! I had such a BAD day and it became a good day afterwards. Thanks to everyone that read, thanks Mr. moderator.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts