Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased a used IS350 and noticed it doesn't have HID's... I thought this was a basic option but I guess I was wrong. My car does have navi though.

·
Registered
5,052 Posts
I just purchased a used IS350 and noticed it doesn't have HID's... I thought this was a basic option but I guess I was wrong. My car does have navi though.

HIDs have never been standard on any 2IS. They are available as a standalone option or are included in the Luxury and Sport Packages.

Nav is a completely stand-alone option not part of any package (unless you want to count the combination Nav/Mark Levinson option as a package, since both are available separately)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hmm well I guess it'll be easier to just buy 2 identical aftermarket hid kits for the fogs and my headlights so the colors match

·
Cone Killer
7,315 Posts
HID's are an option, on the 06 model, unless you had the sport package or Lux package, you did not get HID's.

On the 07's and newer, the HID were still an option, but most if not all IS's came with them installed.

I think after all the rants in the forums, Lexus decided to bring them installed from factory, even if they were charging ya for them.

hmm well I guess it'll be easier to just buy 2 identical aftermarket hid kits for the fogs and my headlights so the colors match
That is what most all '06 owners ended up doing, well the ones that wanted HID's.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I bought my 06 350 back in April but I haven't been able to figure what package I have.
It has HID, 18" wheels but no sport package(no metalic pedals) and no lux package(no nav, vented seats or ML).
So is my IS some sort of bastard that had some items upgraded but is still a basic IS?
Don't know.
Couldn't get any info from the dealer, so I'll leave it at that.

Still love my car.

·
Cone Killer
7,315 Posts
I bought my 06 350 back in April but I haven't been able to figure what package I have.
It has HID, 18" wheels but no sport package(no metalic pedals) and no lux package(no nav, vented seats or ML).
So is my IS some sort of bastard that had some items upgraded but is still a basic IS?
Don't know.

Still love my car.
And they are the factory HID's right? you can tell, because of the self leveling feature, and that they turn as you turn the wheel.

If they dont do that, its probably an aftermarket set up.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Maybe they are aftermarket. They are not self leveling. I'm going to dig deaper to see whats in there.

The car was a lease for about a year, then the dealer got it back, after that I got it.

·
Registered
5,052 Posts
Don't know.

Still love my car.
Nav and ML aren't part of any package so they wouldn't tell you anything anyway.

18" wheels, vented seats, and HIDs are all standalone options available apart from any package. (though they also come in a few packages)

It sounds like you have a base model. You can get a base model with HIDs but as noted it'd include the AFS auto level system.

(You can get a base model with 18" wheels, or nav, or ml for that matter too since they're all standalone options)

Any dealer -should- be able to get you what your original window sticker had on it though AFAIK.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Ok so today I went to the dealer and after talking to two village idiots that flatly denied that it was possible to get a copy of the window sticker info, finally talked to the manager and in a few seconds gave me a copy of the info I wanted.
The car indeed did not come, or had HID's put on by the dealer, so now I have to find out what I have in there. The car is base model with 18" wheels and spoiler, thats it.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Most likely a aftermarket HID kit, pop off the plastic covers and I bet you'll see some ballasts sitting there.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts