Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed that the matador red mica i have looks pretty dam similar to the red on the corolla doesnt it guys? and all the colors they have are pretty much across the board on toyota and scion to an extent, how does that differentiate the color im kinda pissy about it lol

·
Registered
6,754 Posts
My02GrApHiTeIS300 said:
I noticed that the matador red mica i have looks pretty dam similar to the red on the corolla doesnt it guys? and all the colors they have are pretty much across the board on toyota and scion to an extent, how does that differentiate the color im kinda pissy about it lol
yes some of their colors are the same.

·
Premium Member
5,701 Posts
The names are eve nthe same too. Black toyotas are Onyx Black.

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
There is a lot of overlap in the paint colors between Scion/Toyota/Lexus...it is reallly the same company, so why shouldn't there be.

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
petaa7 said:
its really good piant though IMO.
no...its not....my friend drives a black sand pearl tc, his paint chips and scuffs REALLY easily...

i have a black sand pearl XB, and again this paint is HORRIBLE.....if you guys ever head over to the scionlife forums..paint quality is a huge issue...i really think that there is a different brand of paint used on scions...

·
Registered
6,365 Posts
the paints have same names like the scion xB has the thundercloud but it looks darker than my thundercloud(could be just me tho) but i bought touchup paint for tcm from toyota(didn't match at all) then i bought touch up paint from lexus(perfect match)

·
Registered
494 Posts
JAEohEN said:
no...its not....my friend drives a black sand pearl tc, his paint chips and scuffs REALLY easily...

i have a black sand pearl XB, and again this paint is HORRIBLE.....if you guys ever head over to the scionlife forums..paint quality is a huge issue...i really think that there is a different brand of paint used on scions...
I think he meant the colors, not the relative quality of the paint. I don't know if the "brand" is different, but the paint codes for most of the colors are meaning they are slightly different. Are Scions built in a different plant than Lexus's/Toyota's? If so that may have something to do with the differences in the paint. It might also be why Scions tend to have more orange peel than Lexus's. As I mentioned above, all Japanese car manufacturers have relatively "soft" paint (Honda's puts Scions to shame in terms of "ease of marring").

·
Premium Member
14,190 Posts
picus said:
Scion has a color that is almost identical to SGM (I think it's called Flint Mica), but the paint code is a little different (The IS should be slightly darker). You can see some pictures of it here.

http://autopia.org/forum/showthread.php?t=63773&highlight=flint+mica

And yes, aside from being soft Lexus/Toyota/Scion paint is some of my favorite.
Actually Lexus's GS has the flint mica! I'm still thinking the Smoky Granite Mica is still a bit different and exclusive to Lexus?

·
Registered
661 Posts
is MSM offered on the Camary's and Highlanders, I could sware I see MSM on those cars.

·
Dr. JDM
9,332 Posts
this is from the toyota showroom in japan, emphasizing different shades of silver... so they DO make subtle changes for some reason

·
Registered
494 Posts
Michael said:
Good question, I bet Picus would know, if not a dealer?
You know for once I have no idea. Thanks for the vote of confidence, though. :)

I've never worked on an IS200 so I'm unfamiliar with their colors. The best way to find out is (probably), call a dealer and see if they can find both codes, if they're the same you have your answer.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts