Lexus IS Forum banner

Does this sound right?

1K views 21 replies 18 participants last post by  Aubie83 
#1 ·
Talked a few dealers and everyone says that a 03 White IS300 5 speed is one of the rarest models of the IS300. I've had one on order for about 2 months now and the dealer says it won't be here til mid Feb/late March.
Here are the specs:

03 White IS300
5 speed manual
black leather interior
navigation

I want to start getting stuff for it but things such as the grill can come factory painted and I'm afraid that I might not be able to get my hands on a white one and have to resort to getting a silver which then would force me to have some parts repainted. Is the car I want really that hard to get?

#3 ·
Sorry to hear that you have to wait two months. I know this is one of the oldest ways the dealer makes you think that you are getting a 'special' car. I know for fact that the salesman is feeding you major BS because they told me teh same thing and wanted me to put down a deposit for my IS300, but I went to another dealer and bought one cheaper the nextday. Goto another dealer and ask them.

#4 ·
i've tried...i've talked to mission viejo lexus, tustin lexus, crown lexus and they all said the same thing..currently i'm ordering from longo lexus.

Each one showed me their allocation sheets and white IS300's are already in very limited quantity and all the ones that came in within the last 2 months have been all autos.

#10 ·
PoloBoy168 said:
Talked a few dealers and everyone says that a 03 White IS300 5 speed is one of the rarest models of the IS300. I've had one on order for about 2 months now and the dealer says it won't be here til mid Feb/late March.
Here are the specs:

03 White IS300
5 speed manual
black leather interior
navigation

I want to start getting stuff for it but things such as the grill can come factory painted and I'm afraid that I might not be able to get my hands on a white one and have to resort to getting a silver which then would force me to have some parts repainted. Is the car I want really that hard to get?
certain regions get certain cars, dealers preorder cars with certain options that they think customers would want. sometimes that means certain combos will not be readily available if at all. dealers can do dealer to dealer trades at the port and get a car that is destined for another region and sell to you, or you have to wait for special order. if every dealer in the area is saying the same thing, theres a good chance there is some truth to it.

you can continue waiting and get what you want (if they make you wait that long only to say we dont have/cant get it, walk away and find another dealer) or you can try to get them to do a dealer to dealer swap. or you can get your second choice.

#12 ·
I've asked for dealer trades but I can't find any locally. I still periodically call dealers to see if they can see one coming their way but still no luck. I just talked to Longo and they said that my IS is on their current sheet and will be arriving in early February. I'm holding out because if I plan to spend 30k of my own money I want to make damn sure its the EXACT car i want. I really don't want to settle unless i have no other alternatives.

#13 ·
This is kindof a long shot, but if you really want that specific car and you're willing to put forth some effort, why not try calling some out-of-state dealers, even across-the-country ones, and use them as a sounding board. If what DonCorleone says about regions is true, maybe there are some white manuals available in Florida or something.

#14 ·
PoloBoy168 said:
Here are the specs:

03 White IS300
5 speed manual
black leather interior
navigation

i read somewhere the a five speed with nav is super hard to get in any color.

#15 ·
baadhabit said:
PoloBoy168 said:
Here are the specs:

03 White IS300
5 speed manual
black leather interior
navigation

Not true.... Dealers just wanna sell what they have on their lots :-D they tryin to get rid of inventory this late in the year!

Some configurations are special order... In May, I was looking to trade for a 5spd Yellow with Nav and there is NONE in the country inventory. I wastold by a pretty goos sales guy who got me my second IS300, that was a "special" order and it would take 3 months, but it was guaranteed to be there just they way i wanted in under 90 days.

So maybe some combos are no longer available this late in the year.

#16 ·
BigDaddyRich said:
baadhabit said:
PoloBoy168 said:
Here are the specs:

03 White IS300
5 speed manual
black leather interior
navigation

Not true.... Dealers just wanna sell what they have on their lots :-D they tryin to get rid of inventory this late in the year!

Some configurations are special order... In May, I was looking to trade for a 5spd Yellow with Nav and there is NONE in the country inventory. I wastold by a pretty goos sales guy who got me my second IS300, that was a "special" order and it would take 3 months, but it was guaranteed to be there just they way i wanted in under 90 days.

So maybe some combos are no longer available this late in the year.
that's pretty much what i heard...the dealer said my car was not visible on their spec sheet so im gonna be a good little boy and just wait...dammit where's my car?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.