Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
today i went to the dealer for an oil change and when i was ready to pay for the oil change the guy tells me that i need three new tires. i tell the guy how the hell in the world i should be replacing the tires when i have only had the car for 7 months. when i bough the car, the car had 44k miles do you think the dealer should change those tires before i bough the car? and is it normal for low profile tires only to last 20k miles. i think lexus is trying to fuck me once again. can anyone give me their .02 thanks

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
i need new tires and i'm only at 10k miles. the dealer told me they have a life of about 12-15k miles. be happy you got that many.

·
Registered
172 Posts
that is normal depending on the driving conditions. The new IS's have a warning on the window that says tires may only get 20,000 miles on them.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Oh yeah...don't change them until they look like they need to be changed. If you don't see a reason to change them then don't do it.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i m sorry, but is fucked up after only driving 7 month this fucking car, i dont think i should have to spent 6 hundred dollars in fucking tires. i normally drive about 10-20 miles at day and i dont drive hard on curves.is one thing if you are fucking rich and u can blow 6 or 8 hundred on tires but this is not my case. i haved hadothers cars that the tires last fucking longer than the piece of shit that i have now. is totally bullshit.

·
Registered
3,339 Posts
Jesus christ. I am betting the farm that you did ZERO research on this car and that you bought on impulse. In fact, I bet most of the crap you do is based on impulse.

-crontab -r

·
Registered
81 Posts
miguelfig said:
i m sorry, but is fucked up after only driving 7 month this fucking car, i dont think i should have to spent 6 hundred dollars in fucking tires. i normally drive about 10-20 miles at day and i dont drive hard on curves.is one thing if you are fucking rich and u can blow 6 or 8 hundred on tires but this is not my case. i haved hadothers cars that the tires last fucking longer than the piece of sh*t that i have now. is totally bullshit.
it shouldn't be 6-800

And they dealers don't change out tires when they sell used cars. Just whats on there. Next time, just try and check the tires before you buy another car.

·
Registered
5,941 Posts
miguelfig said:
i m sorry, but is fucked up after only driving 7 month this fucking car, i dont think i should have to spent 6 hundred dollars in fucking tires. i normally drive about 10-20 miles at day and i dont drive hard on curves.is one thing if you are fucking rich and u can blow 6 or 8 hundred on tires but this is not my case. i haved hadothers cars that the tires last fucking longer than the piece of sh*t that i have now. is totally bullshit.
You always crack me up with your posts. You can't expect those summer tires to last 40K miles. Here's some advice, it seems like you really hate the IS so why not get rid of the piece of shit and get an ES300. It has a nice V6 and all season tires. Atleast you won't have to worry about losing control and going down a ditch this next winter.

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
I'd be more pissed that only 3 are worn. Sounds like something is wrong there. Shouldn't 2 or all 4 be bad?

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
why don't you take an actual look at the tire tread and pass your judgement then. If you have a good amount of tread then don't switch them, if they are balding then get some new ones. Our stockies are 140 treadware on the potenzas i believe, so get some higher treadware tires. You sacrifice cost and longevity when u go with z rated tires.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts