Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
989 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does the Scosche/metra kit make you lose the track buttons? how about the jdm one? the Scosche doesnt look to bad, i like it better because it will give me the extra pocket for my remote and other junk.

·
Registered
114 Posts
With the Sosche/metra, the track and heated seat buttons remain as is. With the JDM, you have to extend the wires and relocate two of them to coin slots.

Look for a post by "NoisyCricket". He had another solution by combining the JDM dash kit and heated seat cluster panel. I preferred this solution because I got to use the JDM dash kit, which looks the best IMO being that it's original equipment, and, I didn't have to relocate the heated seat buttons, which is really no big deal, I just wanted to keep them where they are.

Use the search button, key words; "JDM Dash kit" You'll find a plethora of info to help you with your decision.

·
Registered
8,219 Posts
neither kit will loose your trac and heated seat buttons. THe metra has a crappy finish but better fit, the scosche has stock like finish but CRAP fitment. I modified the hell outta my schosche to get it to fit right. It looked just fine in the end, but one thing that made me mad is that when i was test fitting the scosche when i bought it, is that it was a tad too wide at the bottom and it scratched my dash a bit.

after 2 or 3 hours of work... it looked like this... I got rid of it though...

Here is a pic of it unmodified....

here is a pic completed...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts