Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last year or the beginning of this year I went with my dad to the Kansas City Auto Show. I was in the Lexus area and I decided to hop in the Lexus RX300. There were alot of people around it so I had to wait for a little while. I hopped in the front seat and looked around. I remembered about the pinch protection that Lexus "claims" (I am not trying to be mean because I love Lexus) so... I tried it. I tried the moonroof. It was completely open so I put my hand there and used my other hand to just tap the close button. I did not hold it there. In about three seconds or so I was in a little bit of pain. Now just think if it was an elderly person. He/She could possibly severely injure him/herself. I told one of the dealers there and he basically didn't care about a 15 year old who got pinched. It hurt for a while. He just went back to talking with othere people. Now the pain wasn't just for a minute. It hurt for about 10-15 afterwards. This draws me to one conclusion. Don't be stupid like me and test the pinch protection system. I have no clue why it did not work. The dealer from Wichita when my mom took a test drive said that all windows including the moonroof have the pinch protection system. Anyone else here have the same thing happen?

·
Registered
201 Posts
Well, I remember there was a case in England years ago where a little girl was playing with the power winder that had the "auto-up" feature and her neck was caught in the window and was sufficated (The force can be quite powerful because I remember seeing a picture where a soft drink can was crushed by the window). There was a big outcry with the auto-up feature and the pinch protection system was implemented. So the pinch protection (for the windows at least) in the Lexus had better worked or I can see potential lawsuits coming up.

·
Registered
52 Posts
sorry guys..I know this is an old post but....the same dealer in Wichita that told this guy about the moonroof having "pinch protect" told me I had a soft windshield!!!! ha!

·
Registered
3 Posts
the dealer showed me the pinch protection on the moonroof by putting his fist up there. I tried it and found that its quite a bit of force...i think it would break a pinky before it let off.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts