Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,548 Posts
SexyLex said:
FIXED or VARIABLE (w/ use of a module?)

Thanks.
I believe it is fixed by the ECU settings. Most engine managments systems allow you to change it though. I love the sound of a 2jz at 7000rpm!!! (my redline is set to 7200 now).

Are you looking at going forced induction? or just wanna play with the NA for a bit to squeeze out the extra r's?

Kane

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I believe it is fixed by the ECU settings. Most engine managments systems allow you to change it though. I love the sound of a 2jz at 7000rpm!!! (my redline is set to 7200 now).

Are you looking at going forced induction? or just wanna play with the NA for a bit to squeeze out the extra r's?

Kane

Kane,

I am planning on F/I but........................ still cant talk my woman into spending 6 g's :( .

Josh

·
Registered
3,494 Posts
i dunno if it has a fixed rev limiter. once i was driving hard on the freeway and when i was supposed to shift 5th i accidentally shifted to 3rd and the rpm needle went up to 8k rpm. lucky i didnt get any valve float. why didnt the rev limiter stop the rpms?

·
Registered
56 Posts
AustinAltezza said:
i dunno if it has a fixed rev limiter. once i was driving hard on the freeway and when i was supposed to shift 5th i accidentally shifted to 3rd and the rpm needle went up to 8k rpm. lucky i didnt get any valve float. why didnt the rev limiter stop the rpms?
The rev limiter will help when you're going up the gears. Physics will win though if you downshift. If you engage 3rd while your wheels are spinning that fast, the engine will speed up.

·
Registered
12,157 Posts
its a soft rev limiter, in ohter words, it retards ignition, but it overcome friction at some points (mis shift)

-gte

·
Registered
887 Posts
Kanine21 said:
SexyLex said:
FIXED or VARIABLE (w/ use of a module?)

Thanks.

Kane
Kane, how did you set your rev limiter at 7200? And what are the potential side-affects of such

·
Registered
12,157 Posts
peter set it that way, and there probably is no ill effects, or he would not have done that in the first place

he has a tec3 with his turbo kit, search on tec3 if you don't know what it is or check out pfs's website

-gte

1 - 8 of 8 Posts