Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am seriously thinking of buying a manual trans. IS, but would like to have a fold down rear seat. As far as I can tell from online brochures etc., that it doesn't. Please tell me I am wrong!

Thanks.
Tim

·
Registered
9,676 Posts
Yeah I was hoping for 60/40 or 50/50 fold down seats in the rear but the salesperson at the car show told me that it would increase the cabin noise level if it were fold down due to missing insulation around rear seat. Sounds weird but true. Oh well thats what I was told. I dont think any Lexus sedan or coupe has a folding rear seat?? yes or no?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well,

Now that I know the rear seat doesn't fold, will a mountain or road bike fit in the rear trunk if both wheels are removed? I really wish the IS has a folding seat!

Thanks,
Tim South

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have a bike rack (roof) but sometimes carry only one bike, and would like to leave the roof rack off of the car if possible. The trunk is also more secure!

Thanks,
Tim South

·
Registered
106 Posts
Tim,
I couldn't get an XL frame in the trunk, but with both wheels removed it did fit in the back seat. Needless to say, I put some towels down first, but it is a pain in the arse.

·
Registered
4,523 Posts
I think the original ES250 might've had fold-down rear seats. Fold-down rear seats decrease structural rigidity, so the engineers probably decided to sacrifice cargo capacity in favor of a stiffer chassis.

Originally posted by BigDaddyRich:
I dont think any Lexus sedan or coupe has a folding rear seat?? yes or no?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
About this Discussion
9 Replies
6 Participants
JW
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing