Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
From looking at this picture, it looks like the hks hiper is touching the l-tuned rear lip. I will have the same setup in a few months, but dont want to have to worry about the paint melting on the lip. Any insight?

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
peterc said:
heres a close up of that car:


theres about 1/4inch clearance or more on it. No burning/melting.
Thanks for the pic! I looks like it will barely clear it, but it should be fine right? Have you had any problems wit the paint or bumper melting?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,013 Posts
lexusaltezza said:
peterc said:
heres a close up of that car:


theres about 1/4inch clearance or more on it. No burning/melting.
Thanks for the pic! I looks like it will barely clear it, but it should be fine right? Have you had any problems wit the paint or bumper melting?
It looks like it's already melted a little bit. Ouchies!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,088 Posts
ÜberPhLuBB said:
lexusaltezza said:
peterc said:
heres a close up of that car:


theres about 1/4inch clearance or more on it. No burning/melting.
Thanks for the pic! I looks like it will barely clear it, but it should be fine right? Have you had any problems wit the paint or bumper melting?
It looks like it's already melted a little bit. Ouchies!
its not melted at all.. just weird angle/reflection
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
499 Posts
you have to adjust the hyper a little bit..
try bend the metal hanger in the muffler,
that's what i did to fit mine,
i have L-tuned Rear plus hks hiper.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,088 Posts
calcal said:
you have to adjust the hyper a little bit..
try bend the metal hanger in the muffler,
that's what i did to fit mine,
i have L-tuned Rear plus hks hiper.
oh yah.. i dropped the rubber hanger holder down by about 1/4inch by adding washers between it and the chassis (or whatever its attaches to).
 
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top