Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

i know this might seem like a dumb question but i was curious if those little bottles of octane boost work or not. I think the cause blockage in the fuel injectors (over time) but i was just curious......

anyone have any info to share!

------------------
Later

Mike

ONYX 01, Fully loaded, Graphite Polished, Factory Spoiler, SRT Hi-Flow Intake, 20% Tint

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
i've used it many times.. in multiple cars and i have always noticed a gain in power. i don't have any stats on it.. and i don't know if it hurts the engine at all, but i heard that if you use it too frequently it could do damage..but that was just a rumor.

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
I used to pour a bottle in my old 85 Corolla GTS (AE86) prior to each autocross event. I didn't notice any negatives from using the product(s).

·
Registered
164 Posts
I tried the 104+ with Chevron Premium. My IS didn't seem to like it much. The car just bogged. It returned to normal after the next refuel. Weird.

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
actually i was wondering too... i went to local shop and they had some NOS brand octane booster, but it was labelled for off-road use only.... hmmm....

------------------
2001 Onyx Black IS300
-fully equipped
-Wing
-Limited Edition 18" Volk Racing SE37A
-Pirelli P7000 Supersport
-TRD
-RAZO
-K&N filtercharger

·
Registered
110 Posts
Originally posted by fusion:
actually i was wondering too... i went to local shop and they had some NOS brand octane booster, but it was labelled for off-road use only.... hmmm....

I used the NOS off-road formula in my VW when I took it to the 1/4 mile track. Seems to work, I guess. No negative effect at all

(I managed to pull 14.8 sec @96 MPH)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
7 Participants
GMoney
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing