Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
No one mention about the auto on/off headlight feature. All the Lexus line has it, does the IS have it?

It seems cheap that they don't have auto dimming mirrow.......very cheap!

P.S. Seem the car in person, silver. VERY VERY attractive!!!!! make me want this car more. But maybe i will wait for a year, maybe they will through in autodimming mirrow and some discount.

PPS. Seem this car been driven by one of the Lexus representative, man, this car is much better looking than 3 series, especially when the wheel turns!

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
Yes - auto on headlights.

No auto dimming mirrors.

Prop rod hood looks cheap too.

Some people think the dashboard looks cheap.

Most people seem to like the styling alot.

·
Registered
4,523 Posts
I think it does have the auto on/off for the lights. I'm wondering about the auto-leveling HID lights though (I'm thinking that it does...can someone confirm?).

·
Registered
424 Posts
geez, Lexus should have been added memory seats, better dashboard material, hydraulic rods and auto-dimming mirrors at least as options.

In Canada, the difference between a fully-loaded IS and ES is just Cdn $2000.

Lexus should have been smart enough to know what would people complain about especially IS is targeted at techno people. They know how to scrutinize the cars inside out.

I just can't understand that they can add a two-tonw dash and piped leather seats for US market and not being able to modify the material for dashboard.

For this thread, yes it does have auto-leveling HID and auto on/off lights.
Even the current Corolla has auto on/off lights.

·
Registered
226 Posts
yamaot, if your not going to buy the IS because it doesnt have auto dimming mirrors, i think that is the stupidist reason ever. I think everyone here can live with out auto dimming mirrors, i have no auto dimm mirror on ym suv now and even with xenon shining in it im not blinded.

·
Registered
57 Posts
IS is a sport sedan. ES is a compact luxury sedan. Try running around cones or take a fast drive in the back mountain road and you will appreciate what the IS has.. Who cares about moonroof or heated seats.. They only add more weight and bring down performance/handling. I would rather trade these two options for a better breathing exhaust manifold and a better exhaust. Or even a performance chip.

·
Registered
45 Posts
S Flavor,

I think differently from you. Although I agree that IS is a sport sedan and it will be driven differently than a ES. However, that doesn't mean IS should not have autodimmer mirror, moonroof or leather power seat.
Porsche is a pure sport and it has all of those things.
You pay that kind of money and I think you should be expecting those kind of luxury. Who said Sport Car can't be luxurious? I don't think anyone wants his/her car looks cheap. If ES cost about the same and has those equipment, I certainly expect IS has those equipment too. This is not about is IS a sport sedan or not, this is about what kind of money we are talking about here. If IS is only $20K, I can expect a cloth seat or even manual mirror. but it is a $35K car, no dimming mirror and power seat is a shame.
AndyBoy

·
Registered
24 Posts
It not only has auto headlights and self leveling xenon low beams, it also has outside mirror heaters that are always on to keep them clear at all times and they have a coating that sheds water. Be careful because they will burn your fingers if you touch 'em.
The auto dimming (electrochromatic) mirrors on the other Lexus models will distort and get kind of fuzzy when in the dark mode anyway, trust me.

------------------

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
About this Discussion
8 Replies
9 Participants
Bernie
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing