Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my 3rd car with coilovers and everyone seems to get noisier as time goes on. It is a rattle when they are cold and always comes from the passenger side rear. We're not talking cheap either (Apex N1 spec V). :x

·
Registered
4,416 Posts
AC556k said:
This is my 3rd car with coilovers and everyone seems to get noisier as time goes on. It is a rattle when they are cold and always comes from the passenger side rear. We're not talking cheap either (Apex N1 spec V). :x
It was about 30 here this morning and not a noise. I have had the Zeals on my car for a while now.

·
Nygmatic
2,572 Posts
i think its a design issue with rear coilovers on our cars. almost everyone has this noise. however judging from wxman's remark zeal has fixed the problem. i am in talks with JIC, and i think they have fixed the problem as well ( i will know in 2 weeks when i install the new dampeners).

as a quick fix you might want to try to tighten the upper nut on top of the coilover (the huge one ~20-22mm) with an impact gun. if that doesnt work, then its the dampener.

·
Registered
7,043 Posts
I have Tein HA coilovers with the upper pillow mounts, and my coilovers are silent. Make sure to check that the upper shock bolt is nice and tight, and that you retorque your shock tower bolts after about 500 miles.

But coilovers will always be louder than the stock suspension due to use subsitution of metal over rubber.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
ACK556 .. I have the same Apexi coilovers as you do .... .. they do seem to have gotten a lot louder over the months .... I have checked all the possible bolts and nothing seems to be loose too ... but still makes that cluck cluck sound from the right rear mostly.. and sometimes from left rear ...

·
Registered
4,991 Posts
- no

·
Registered
2,807 Posts
I'm waiting to see if the new JIC coilovers(the sub-$1000 ones) are good and don't make noise. If they get good silent reviews, consider them bought..........

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.