1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
380 Posts
cariza said:
What he said------------------^

I put 2-3 gallons for each tank. 8)
I also can only get 89 oct. :whine:
89 octane? Damn, i thought CA sucked being at 91. used to be 92 untill over a year ago it went down. which state has the highest? i remember seeing 100 octane at the pump in either tex or new mex.

·
Registered
212 Posts
vahe said:
cariza said:

89 octane? Damn, i thought CA sucked being at 91. used to be 92 untill over a year ago it went down. which state has the highest? i remember seeing 100 octane at the pump in either tex or new mex.
The most I've ever seen here in Texas is 94. Every station around here as at least 93 though...poor Californians.

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
cb8586 said:
vahe said:
cariza said:

The most I've ever seen here in Texas is 94. Every station around here as at least 93 though...poor Californians.
indeed :(

·
Registered
3,155 Posts
LexIS307 said:
I bought one for the first time, ill tell ya how it goes, it was $4.99 for the outlaw...so ???? anyone use these before...?
wont do shit unless you NEED that extra few more octane ratings. (ie, advanced timing.. maybe not for vvt-i, F/I)

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
do octane boosters work?

·
Registered
380 Posts
a few higher octane will do something!
keep you from pinging when turbo especially at higher boost without race gas.

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
I highly doubt it will make a noticeable difference. I tried it, and it seemed like a waste of money. However, I went up to Pep Boys when I decided to try it, and the woman said these things have been selling like crazy. Those damn ricers must think it will give them 50hp if they use the Nawwwssss octane booster! :-?

·
Am I Hype-R???
13,648 Posts
LexIS307 said:
buddy of mine said it will clogg the injectors and mess with the o2 sensor, he said that the only one that works is the NOS octance boosters.
what does he mean??? octance boosters will clog your injectors??? i don't think so...as for the o2 sensor...i know running leaded gas will do that over a long period of use...but never heard that running higher octane will...ask him where he's getting this info from...

·
Registered
575 Posts
you can get 110 octane in NY form sunoco stations i know of one in long island. shit leaves your tail pipes white (and thats in a good way).
i know some guys that race supras and mr2's go there on saturday nights, before they go racing.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts