Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is the problem:
I recently had a color change on my car. When I got my car back, I noticed that there are some kind "wave" patten on it, they are not scratches. But under the sun light it reflects a wave of light or circles. I was thinking because the way they had wax the car and using those buffing tools.

Anyway, does anyone know how get rid of it? Does mean I have to do wax again! Thanks!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yup that is it spiderwebbing. I didn't know that is a term for that. Man...the paint job is new too. Look so ugly with those wave.

So it is not permanet mark right? I just to bring to good detail place.
needs a polish and a wax!

Thanks a lot!

·
Premium Member
15,322 Posts
Spiderwebbing/swirl marks are tiny scratches in the clear coat. usually after they paint a car they polish/buff it to get rid of dust nubs, runs, orange peel, and they might have washed it as well, which could have caused the swirls.

polishing it will get rid of the minor swirls and smooth the edges of the bigger swirls making them less visible, wax will protect it from getting more swirls. driving and having dust and debris hitting your car, washing and drying your car with rough/dirty cloths will cause swirls so do what you can to minimize that.

check out autopia.org meguiarsonline.com forums and decide for yourself which products and methods you prefer.

cheers!

·
Registered
2,855 Posts
DonCorleones all over this one! +rep

When you said you saw waves of circles bwcause of the buffing tools they used, i was afraid that it was rotary buffer burn. But glad to see its just spiderwebbing.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts