Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
626 Posts
Do a search, this has been discussed before. Besides, drive the speed limit and you would not have to worry about crap like that and spend all that money!

·
Registered
258 Posts
Driving the speed limit is kind of hard when they're set too low. Buy a Valentine One its never let me down.

------------------
Stephen Withrow
[email protected]

98 Lexus LS400
97 Ford Explorer Limited

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Originally posted by ISFAN:
Do a search, this has been discussed before. Besides, drive the speed limit and you would not have to worry about crap like that and spend all that money!
c'mon, don't tell me that you don't go over the speed limits with your IS.

------------------
xxsiLveR_iS300xx

·
Registered
163 Posts
siLveR_iS300

how much did u get yours brake calipers done? i remember long time ago you talked about it so...
so you are at k-town LA?
where can i email you? icq? aim?
i got silver too...

[This message has been edited by IS3_Ride (edited November 02, 2000).]

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Originally posted by IS3_Ride:
siLveR_iS300

how much did u get yours brake calipers done? i remember long time ago you talked about it so...
so you are at k-town LA?
i got silver too...

it's [email protected]

------------------
xxsiLveR_iS300xx

·
Registered
626 Posts
Yeah you got me there, I do go over the speed limit. I was just being funny! I am not sure I would still buy a radar detector, do they really work? I thought the radars are so advanced now that they are off until they hit ya and then it is to late. I guess if they hit a car ahead of you and your detector then picks it up, but still I really do not think they are worth the money.

How much is the Valantine anyway?

·
Registered
727 Posts
The V1 is around $400. I have one and it has helped me a couple of times. Once the detector started beeping and I couldn't see the cop car, but I trusted it and sure enough, a cop car was hiding behind a bush. Most of the time it gives me false warnings so I leave it off unless I'm in the mood to speed. It is useless if the laser is pointed at you. It works by detecting radar that is around you (ie cars in front or behind you) and laser reflections. The annoying part is that it also goes off on radar jammers. This guy was jamming my radar detector!!!

·
Registered
195 Posts
The V1 is definately recommended by me. I have used and been saved numerous times.

Radar detectors are not a waste of money. Consider this: you get caught speeding. Say the ticket cost $200. Say you decide to pay the fine and accept the point for speeding on your record. Now, your insurance will most likely go up because of that point. But let's say you decide to go to traffic school instead. Well, you pay the fine and traffic school (that's the way it works here in CA). You don't have a point on your record, but you just wasted, say, $250. Now, what's to stop you from getting another ticket the next day or the next week. This can happen over and over. And you've shelled out $$$ everytime it happens. Now, buy a radar detector for $400 and you've bought yourself "insurance" against this possibility. A one-time cost.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Originally posted by IS3_Ride:
siLveR_iS300

so you are at k-town LA?
i got silver too...

I got a silver one too and did up the calipers...this is what it looks like:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts