Lexus IS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Banned
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
DOES ANYONE KNOW WHERE I CAN GET A 2 PIECE CHROME GRILL FOR A 2001 LEXUS IS300?I'VE BEEN LOOKING FOR AWHILE BUT I CAN'T SEEM TO FIND ANYONE SELLING CHROME GRILLS FOR THIS CAR.THE ONLY THING I'M FINDING IS CARBON FIBER OR BLACK RACING GRILLS.

WHAT'S PEOPLE'S OPINIONS ON A BILLET STYLE CHROME GRILL VS. A MESH ALUMINUM CHROME GRILL ??? ANY INFO WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED

FOR FASTER CONTACT U CAN CONTACT ME AT [email protected]

·
Banned
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
What's People's Opinions On A Billet Style Chrome Grill Vs. A Mesh Aluminum Chrome Gr

WHAT'S PEOPLE'S OPINIONS ON A BILLET STYLE CHROME GRILL VS. A MESH ALUMINUM CHROME GRILL ??? :bigSmile:

·
Registered
166 Posts
I have heard of people like you. You need chrome to survive, you were the social misfit that did not shoot up your school but wanted to, you used to drive a honda...

Really, when you have a car with charector and class, chrome isnt needed, especially when its silver. I tried to be PC with the first post, the second I ignored now you are just peeing on my patience.

Trade in your IS before you ruin it and and get another civic hatch to chrome out. :pissed:

Sorry for venting, not feeling so great and on the third post on chrome this or that I snapped.

Sorry for venting on you...... mostly.

·
Registered
392 Posts
its your car dude...get whatever YOU think looks good. you're the one who has to drive it

·
Registered
392 Posts
i would say check out some pics of people's cars on the site to get ideas on what kind of grills look good

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
I CAN'T SEEM TO FIND ANYONE SELLING CHROME GRILLS FOR THIS CAR.THE ONLY THING I'M FINDING IS CARBON FIBER OR BLACK RACING GRILLS.
There might be a reason for that. ;)

Good luck with whatever you decide. The "chrome" theme works on some cars, but I personally don't think that this is one of them! Check out some of the MANY pictures of other IS300's on this site, and see if you change your mind.

·
Banned
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Chrome hood or trunk?? U be funny or giving an honest opinion??

The way i see it the Lexus is built for luxury.....so that's what i'm doing keeping it luxury......chroming it out looks hot where i'm from and so many people agree with me just not up in here......mostly the people who dislike we call them haters........!

·
Registered
12,498 Posts
You should paint your whole car chrome... so I know where to find your car in Boston.

·
Blue Devil
4,671 Posts
hey man
chrome away. there's many different "themes" you can apply to this car, i personally have a spectra blue mica and decided to make all my accent stuff chrome
originally i had cleared out my front and rear sidemarkers, for example, to go along with my chrome rims
but then i got the cwest body kit, which has no sidemarkers, but all the mesh i put to fill in the holes was really shiny stainless steel.

check out a thread i started about my CWest kit, and maybe some pictures on the second page will give you an idea. i dont seem to think i ghetto'd my car in any way, i just didnt wanna go with the whole street-racer look, which can also be done in many different ways, but for example, the racing gunmetal colored rims, or black housing in the headlights or taillights, or whatever

you're the only person that will be seeing your IS every day, so make it nice according to YOU

EDIT: i forgot, you can click on the body kit link in my sig to see the pictures. or the cardomain link has pictures from a few years ago before i got the cwest kit and lowered the car a bit

·
Premium Member
27,116 Posts

·
Banned
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
What's Up Lo 21..........i Think Were The Only 2 That Likes The Chrome....i Saw Your Car It Looks Good I LIKE That.........and Crester Thanks For The Info I Like The Billet One Out Of Those 3 I Was Actually Looking Into That Cause A Seller On Ebay Represents That Company And Sells For Them And They Do Offer A Mirror Chrome Finish For That Grill.......to That Person Who Said I Should Paint My Whole Car Chrome So He Can Find My Car........if You Found My Car Then You Would Be In An Area Where Your Not Suppose To Be And You Should Be Smart Enough To Figure Out What Happens Next....!

·
Banned
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I Came Up On Here For Some Ideas And Shit And Now People Wanna Get Funny With Wise Remarks And Shit..........!

·
Registered
4,487 Posts
Dude you just need to chill. You asked for opinions and they were given. If you dont like the opions dont get all defensive. If you like your car then it shouldnt matter what anyone else says about it. Just chill out, take the criticism and do what you want with your car.

·
Banned
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hey Jplexis Your Right Man You Cool......but You Should Pour Out A 40 For Your Bro Chigger Cause He's A Dead Homie........he From New England 2 How Nice Is That.....!

·
Premium Member
27,116 Posts
What's Up Lo 21..........i Think Were The Only 2 That Likes The Chrome....i Saw Your Car It Looks Good I LIKE That.........and Crester Thanks For The Info I Like The Billet One Out Of Those 3 I Was Actually Looking Into That Cause A Seller On Ebay Represents That Company And Sells For Them And They Do Offer A Mirror Chrome Finish For That Grill.......to That Person Who Said I Should Paint My Whole Car Chrome So He Can Find My Car........if You Found My Car Then You Would Be In An Area Where Your Not Suppose To Be And You Should Be Smart Enough To Figure Out What Happens Next....!
You're gonna chrome your whole car?!?!?!? :shocked:

·
Registered
4,487 Posts
Hey Jplexis Your Right Man You Cool......but You Should Pour Out A 40 For Your Bro Chigger Cause He's A Dead Homie........he From New England 2 How Nice Is That.....!
I dont think he meant anything by it. If you notice chigger has been around for a while and most people here know him. I think he just meant he didnt like the idea of the grille.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.