Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
19,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've heard that if you have tires with bad traction, you pour clorox on the tires (which softens the rubber compound) and you get a lot more traction in the snow.. True or rubber legend?
Eric....

·
Registered
28,808 Posts
I hear it dissolves Armorall on contact.

·
Registered
30,635 Posts
they use it at the drag strip, but it only works on the outter layer, so it will wear off really quick man...

·
Legacy Mod
6,093 Posts
Having your tires sipped will work longer...

EricK said:
I've heard that if you have tires with bad traction, you pour clorox on the tires (which softens the rubber compound) and you get a lot more traction in the snow.. True or rubber legend?
Eric....

·
Registered
4,693 Posts
xjayx300 said:
1SICKLEX said:
Where is the dude that armor-all'd his whole tire, and lost control of the car and wrecked it? We need his insight.
LOL.

He must have used Black Magic or something. Because armorl made my shit stick...
it might make it stick on dry surfaces but you get that shit on a wet surface i.e. when it rains...YOUR FOCKED!!!! :roll: that shit'll be slicker than dog shit :roll: i hope your health and life insurances are paid up :lol:

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Use VHT Track Bite. It softens tire compounds.
Either pour it on the ground in front of ur tires and do burnout, or paint it on the tire w/brush and let it soak in. Either way, the shit works.

Smells alittle FRUITY, as well. :lol:

·
Registered
8,587 Posts
Tha Reaper said:
xjayx300 said:
1SICKLEX said:
Where is the dude that armor-all'd his whole tire, and lost control of the car and wrecked it? We need his insight.
LOL.

He must have used Black Magic or something. Because armorl made my shit stick...
it might make it stick on dry surfaces but you get that shit on a wet surface i.e. when it rains...YOUR FOCKED!!!! :roll: that shit'll be slicker than dog shit :roll: i hope your health and life insurances are paid up :lol:
Nope...
Been snowing over here, and I just tried on some wet pavement...

·
Registered
44,398 Posts
CarbonIS300 said:
Having your tires sipped will work longer...

EricK said:
Eric....
Don't have tires siped unless they came siped from the tire manufacturer.

I just finished swapping on the snow tires on the 240 and the Civic and it's snowing now. :) At least I didn't put them on early - that would suck.

-Justin

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
About this Discussion
17 Replies
13 Participants
Justin.b
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing