Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,944 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want a Graphite color with LUX int, all the dealerships out here say they dont do that, Heated seats only come with the ivory int, is this true? Does anyone know where to get the best price on this car?? I heard Florida dealers are cheap, i am 21 and want to have this car in the next 2 months, can anyone help?

Let me know
David

·
Premium Member
15,322 Posts
thats BS. the only car you cant get Lux on is Yellow. (at least when i bought my car in July.)
i think you need to get LSD if you want Lux or get Lux if you want LSD. That means u need heated seats if you want a moonroof. i think. like i said, i havent optioned any IS' since i bought my car but the only thing that should be diff now is the availability of graphite rims, which were not available when i bought mine. but then again this is only for the Western Region, more specifically cali. you can always have a dealer special order a car. I believe LSD was only avail for 33% of production cars, so they might be out of LSD equipped cars and thats why they dont have your model, try other dealers, or other salesppl.

·
11,061 Posts
I've got and SBM with heated seats (black leather-trim interior), LSD and NO moon roof. Graphite 17" rims too. How's that for odd? If they want your business, they'll find a way (except no lux package on the yellow car.)

[This message has been edited by SeattleSheila (edited January 16, 2001).]

·
Registered
3,417 Posts
With mine I didn't want the sunroof but they said it comes with the leather package...
but seattlesheila has leather w/o a sunroof so i think dealers just don't want to order another car and would rather sell the cars they have on their lots.

·
11,061 Posts
Originally posted by Eddy:
With mine I didn't want the sunroof but they said it comes with the leather package...
but seattlesheila has leather w/o a sunroof so i think dealers just don't want to order another car and would rather sell the cars they have on their lots.
This is true. The dealer I went to got 6 cars in lacking the moon roof. He said it was a factory error as they are all ordered with the roofs in this market. I got lucky.

·
Premium Member
15,322 Posts
like i said diff areas have diff options.
cali dealers felt it was necessary to get heated seats for those who wanted a sunroof, and those who wanted LSD had to get ivory..
Hey Sheila, if its a factory error and no other ISs came with those options you might be holdin on to a collectors car! (j/k, ever notice how hotwheels errors go for so damn much? like if the car is facing the wrong direction...)

·
Registered
73 Posts
SeattleSheila ..I also have a sbm, could i see a picture of yours without the sunroof..i wanted to see the difference in the roof height , outside and inside..Please..
Spectra1

------------------
2001 IS300
Spectra Blue Mica/Ivory
LS 17" wheels

·
Registered
135 Posts
I have black heated seats. Got in NC.

Originally posted by is300soon:
I want a Graphite color with LUX int, all the dealerships out here say they dont do that, Heated seats only come with the ivory int, is this true? Does anyone know where to get the best price on this car?? I heard Florida dealers are cheap, i am 21 and want to have this car in the next 2 months, can anyone help?

Let me know
David

1 - 8 of 8 Posts