Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a nasty resonance coming from the rear spoiler. I've tried tightening the acorn nuts, which are visible from the underside with no luck.

I also noticed that you would have to remove the rear spoiler to get at the third brake light (I think). So this would be helpful info for that as well.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the quick reply and attachment HoustonLex, but I should have specified that it was for the SportX.

·
Registered
235 Posts
I remember a couple years ago I was going to try to put my Sirius radio antenna inside the spoiler for an invisible install. I got the acorn nuts off, but it looked like there was some body tape holding it on too. I didn't want to mess with it, so I ended up just putting the antenna on the rear parcel shelf and it works fine.

Can you let us know the details if you take your spoiler off?
Thanks!

Stan

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
no sweat! I'll let you guys know if I make any progress. I gave up after removing the acorn nuts as well. Didn't want to force the thing off.

I would like to fix the resonance though. When you get out of the car with the stereo on (all stock mind you), the spoiler buzzes horribly.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hmmmm you sure noise is coming from the outside????

I recently found one of the tabs on the rear door mounted section of the parcel shelf/cover was broken. I took a bit of tape foam and just ran it along the edge to "snug" up the fit. This "repair" removed my noise.....

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Yeah it's the spoiler. You can push down on it, and the resonance stops. It's actually pretty loud from the outside.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts