Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I drove from Salt Lake City to Denver today (8 hours) and my butt is killing me, the lask of an armrest is also a bummer.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I drove to the beach, which is about 2 hours from my house and my butt was numb. They definatly suck on long trips, but for short rides there fine.

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
The seats could use some lumbar support. My wife has to use this cylinder shaped pillow which she places behind her lumbar area before she starts driving.

Fortunately most of the drives in my area are relatively short.

In all other respects, I like the seats.

·
8,880 Posts
11hr drive, abosulutely love the seats, especially after taking a few s-curves at high speed. I used a pillow between seats to replace arm rest.

·
Registered
354 Posts
The IS seats were a real hot item in Automobile magazine's "long-term test." A couple of the editors bitched about them and others raved. Just goes to show ya...comfort is a very subjective thing...no butts
about it!

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
I've had mixed experiences. Some 6 hour trips my legs go numb, but recently I drove for 7 hours, and felt great the entire way. I think I may have found a perfect setting for it (now if they only had memory). I wouldn't trade it in for a softer seat though, as most of my driving is short and curvy, and I love the support. Too bad there isn't a way to swap out for a softer seat for the longer rides.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Those seats.....especially with escaine leather, do 'suck' you down like a vacuum pump.......Isn't it great???

·
Registered
3,568 Posts
No BS I drove from Dallas Texas to Washington D.C. without stopping for count'em 22 HOURS. With the occasional piss break and caffine fix. I did not have a problem with them at all, i am 6'1" about 220, my girl on the other hand who is 5'6" (and very light) bitched about them off and on. It just matters how you have it set.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I happen to love the seats. I think it's because they simply fit me right. They are very contoured, and firm so if they didn't fit, one could understand why they are uncomfortable. I'm 6'1", about 215.

The fit of the seats was one of the first things I noticed when I got in...like a glove!

Several long drives 7+ hours, felt great.

[ August 01, 2001: Message edited by: toofaust2 ]

·
Registered
362 Posts
I took an 8 hour trip in the IS and my back was killing me by the time I got to my destination and my butt and legs were numb. It seems like the taller/heavier people are more comfortable than us shorter/lighter folks (I'm 5'4"). My fiance is 5'9" but he's pretty thin and doesn't have much padding and was complaining about the seats also. My sisters were complaining about the lack of space in the back seat but who cares about them.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I'm 6'4" 225 and the only problem I have is the lack of lumbar support. I don't think I could drive it for more than an hour or two without some sort of pillow. Even my Nissan Pathfinder had a manual support you could adjust.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts