Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

It says that this bumper might not fit on the standard Lexus Is300 front without the JDM front end. Not looking to spend a ton of money on a front end. Looking to see if the JDM front frame is needed to make this thing fit or not. Anybody with this bumper PLEASE pitch in. Also if anyone has a link to the correct flights to use with it that would be AMAZING thanks guys!

·
Registered
2002 Lexus IS300
585 Posts
As far as I know, the bumper should fit. I believe if you have US headlights, the JDM bumper doesn’t curve around them properly and vice versa.

·
Mr. Roo
9,735 Posts
As far as I know, the bumper should fit. I believe if you have US headlights, the JDM bumper doesn’t curve around them properly and vice versa.
The headlights on every IS300/IS200/altezza fit the same with the bumper and fenders, all of those shapes are the same. The only difference is behind the headlights how they mount to the fenders.

@guywithanIS what they are talking about is needing to remove the metal crash bar and Styrofoam underneath to fit the JDM bumper. There is a JDM version of the bar and Styrofoam.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The headlights on every IS300/IS200/altezza fit the same with the bumper and fenders, all of those shapes are the same. The only difference is behind the headlights how they mount to the fenders.

@guywithanIS what they are talking about is needing to remove the metal crash bar and Styrofoam underneath to fit the JDM bumper. There is a JDM version of the bar and Styrofoam.
So do you think I'll be able to buy and mount this bumper to my US is300 with no issues besides the crash bar? Also do you have a link to those fog lamps? Thank you so much for your help!

·
Mr. Roo
9,735 Posts
So do you think I'll be able to buy and mount this bumper to my US is300 with no issues besides the crash bar? Also do you have a link to those fog lamps? Thank you so much for your help!
Yes, you would be able to install this bumper if you removed all the crash support stuff (risky). You might be able to get away with just removing the Styrofoam or somehow modifying what fits underneath. Or just find a JDM bar like I did.

As for the fog lights, you'll be able to use any universal fogs that fit. I'm not sure if the OEM version for this bumper would line up with the aftermarket one. I'd just get the bumper first for now and then see what you have to work with. The fogs can sometimes be found on ebay for a huge price.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes, you would be able to install this bumper if you removed all the crash support stuff (risky). You might be able to get away with just removing the Styrofoam or somehow modifying what fits underneath. Or just find a JDM bar like I did.

As for the fog lights, you'll be able to use any universal fogs that fit. I'm not sure if the OEM version for this bumper would line up with the aftermarket one. I'd just get the bumper first for now and then see what you have to work with. The fogs can sometimes be found on ebay for a huge price.
Do you have a link to that JDM bar?

·
Mr. Roo
9,735 Posts
Do you have a link to that JDM bar?
Here are a few currently available on ebay:

these don't have the styrofoam:

·
Registered
65 Posts
There’s also a guy on Instagram that ships from Russia. He sends the JDM bumper plus the crash bar and foam for 550 shipped on that specific bumper. It’s OEM Toyota parts. @osaktakas
Just be sure to check the mounting holes if you decide to buy.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
There’s also a guy on Instagram that ships from Russia. He sends the JDM bumper plus the crash bar and foam for 550 shipped on that specific bumper. It’s OEM Toyota parts. @osaktakas
Just be sure to check the mounting holes if you decide to buy.
You sir are a gentleman and a scholar. Thank you for letting me know!

·
Registered
49 Posts
If you bought the part as a JDM part, don't they have the JDM crash bar for sale as well, or is it not for sale, being non compliant?
Australia has the same parts as JDM and might be cheaper than Japan (lower exchange rate), or try any other country with right hand drive cars. You'll need chassis, SXE10 and GXE10 for the 2 litre ones and JCE10 (sedan) or JCE15 (wagon) for the 2JZ equipped ones. They are often not sold as a Lexus but as a Toyota in Japan and in some other markets.

Is the TRD bumper worth it?, the difference is mostly cosmetic, it's not going to drive or handle any different than a stock front bumper. If it's much lower than stock, it might end up being a pain more than a gain on public roads and expensive to repair or replace. The US version was different due to different requirements and if you change the crash bar, you might not be covered by insurance in a crash, as the car will be non compliant. Which could mean you will have paid your insurance, plus be paying for your repairs, plus the other cars repairs as well.

There was an add on lip on ebay for stock bumpers, it might be a better and cheaper option, heading copied and pasted is:
Front lip / splitter J'S RACING style for Lexus IS300 Toyota altezza SXE10
s-l64.jpg

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
If you bought the part as a JDM part, don't they have the JDM crash bar for sale as well, or is it not for sale, being non compliant?
Australia has the same parts as JDM and might be cheaper than Japan (lower exchange rate), or try any other country with right hand drive cars. You'll need chassis, SXE10 and GXE10 for the 2 litre ones and JCE10 (sedan) or JCE15 (wagon) for the 2JZ equipped ones. They are often not sold as a Lexus but as a Toyota in Japan and in some other markets.

Is the TRD bumper worth it?, the difference is mostly cosmetic, it's not going to drive or handle any different than a stock front bumper. If it's much lower than stock, it might end up being a pain more than a gain on public roads and expensive to repair or replace. The US version was different due to different requirements and if you change the crash bar, you might not be covered by insurance in a crash, as the car will be non compliant. Which could mean you will have paid your insurance, plus be paying for your repairs, plus the other cars repairs as well.

There was an add on lip on ebay for stock bumpers, it might be a better and cheaper option, heading copied and pasted is:
Front lip / splitter J'S RACING style for Lexus IS300 Toyota altezza SXE10
View attachment 135388
Yeah I was starting to stray away from it as well. Looking at lips too and man that one looks great! Thanks for the input!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts