Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey IS Pilots - I'm soon to join your ranks. Buying an IS300 within the next three weeks, probably will get the EShift model. Like the subj. line says, I'm wondering about the stock LSD - is there any point to getting it on the automatic IS, or would it just be a waste of money? I like to corner somewhat, ah, aggressively - would I benefit from the LSD?

Thanks much,

MGun

·
Premium Member
11,375 Posts
^ oh it'll take u more than a stock IS3 to b where he or his car is right now :crazy:

·
Premium Member
16,944 Posts
IS300eR said:
^ oh it'll take u more than a stock IS3 to b where he or his car is right now :crazy:

and my last topic lost you?

Sheesh man!

·
Registered
904 Posts
Arent LSDs (limited slip differentials) only for manual cars, to limit clutch slippage. So no, u cant get an LSD on an E-shift.

·
Registered
15,585 Posts
yes, LSD is offered with automatics, and yes, it will be benfecial for an auto as well...

it really doesnt matter what tranny you have... LSD works independently from the transmission

·
Registered
198 Posts
Easiest explaination, think back to My Cousin Vinny

Without LSD - One wheel scratch
With LSD - Two wheel scratch

LSD transfers power giving it to the wheel with traction to apply it.

Yes, it will work with any transmission. You'll have to turn off the trac control for it to do its thing other wise trac control kicks in first.

·
Registered
612 Posts
If you are not going to go with an F/I for your car, then don't spend your money on an LSD... unless you go to the track (course NOT drag), you will not need it.

The LSD will come in handy when you're regularly at the track and taking corners and trying to bring down your lap time, OR

If you drag race and you're having problems with tire slippage at take off and if you're car is stock, you're not having that problem.

If you're gonna turbo your car, then YES you should get the LSD because if one of your tires slips when you're going 80 mph down the track... you're gonna head straight for that wall :x

Besides, if you're going with the LSD, go with the TRD unit... it's much less expensive and gives full-time positive traction.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts