Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
834 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok heres the story... i got someone saying that their 2002 Lancer OZ looks like my 2004 IS300... what do you guys think?

this person wants a pole... so vote for one...

Reactions: Blue99Altezza

·
Registered
4,487 Posts
Ya um...that person is just upset that they bought an 02 lancer and they are trying to make themselves feel better.

·
Registered
594 Posts
ummmmm no, but tell them nice try

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
maybe if the guy thinks they look alike cause they are both white!!!! i dont see many similarities at all!!!

·
Registered
827 Posts
the color is the only thing similar

·
Registered
539 Posts
he wishes!

one time at college a stupid girl confised a 01msm with a civic!!!!

im sorry but i had to slap her!

·
Registered
683 Posts
That does bother me too. I had an 02 Lancer and it is nothing like the IS. Sure the shape of the headlights, taillights, and door handles look the same. It is almost like Mit. tried to copy the altezza style, but the ride quality sucks. It has a cheap interior and it was not insulated well. They are good on gas but overall it is a cheap ride. The guy was jealous that you have a real IS300 and they have an Altezza wanna be. The difference between the two is day and night. My 2 cents

·
Registered
3,015 Posts
the lancer looks like and evo to me..

people also say the IS looks like a civic and corolla, its either ignorance or jealousy. i say F them they just would rather have your car and saying this stuff makes them feel better. in the end you don't have a tin box with some rug. (if they added that option :erm: )

you can tell them to make them feel better they have a more updated

·
Registered
3,290 Posts
I think that are car looks a lot better that any other cars out there....but, then again, I am being biased and all for having a IS. I have heard others say that at some angles...it looks like a souped up "CIVIC".....sorry to get off topic.

·
Registered
4,121 Posts
if somehow they did look alike, his lancer would look like the is300, not the other way around (considering the is body style has been around since about '98)

·
Banned
371 Posts
the only way they look alike, is A) the headlights come to a point, and B) its white.
other then that... dood is smokin hardcore crack.
Lancer = :puke:
IS300 = :cloud9:

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
i see where he's coming from. the style of the headlights the way the tail light wraps around the side, door handles and color but the frame and overall shape is off.

what i have always thought was the carson l-tuned kit looks like a matrix.

Reactions: 5spdking

·
Domestic Reaper
3,025 Posts
Lets see

IS300- Beautiful, nice wheels stock, Has twice the horsepower of the lancer, RWD, Its a lexus, did i mention its beautiful?

Lancer- Ugly, FWD, tried to get spiced up by getting oz wheels, Its ike the v6 of mustangs but for the evo, I knew a guy who drove one once, he likes men now.

Both- white, four doors, they have an exhaust and a windshield.

·
Registered
425 Posts
if somehow they did look alike, his lancer would look like the is300, not the other way around (considering the is body style has been around since about '98)
I AGREE. the lancer if looks like the lexus in bad lighting and very good angles. have fun driving around that trashy car.

·
Registered
4,246 Posts
I suppose they have similar exterior features that look somewhat similar. But Not any one in the right mind should fool a '02 Lancer for a IS300 any day?

1 - 20 of 37 Posts