Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
2,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Drive with your headlights on in the daytime?
I see people doing it, ok it looks cool and all but, I think they just need attn.. What do you all think.

------------------
'01 Graphite Gray Pearl
"gray" not "grey"

·
Registered
4,250 Posts
i drive with my parking lights on because i don't like looking at the m3's lights off...i dunno, it just bugs =)

·
2,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I know what you meen about the yellow look, but that's the way the BMW's and some other also look. Otherwise I would change it but, comparing it to other cars at least it does not look out of place even though, yes I would have liked to see them white.

The only time I drive with the parking lights on is during sunrise or during sunset then I put the headlights on.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Headlights on in the daytime?? What about all those motorcycles that are striving for visibility? DRL's are good for Northern Lights communities only! What if everybody had DRL's? You wouldn't be unique or anymore visible any longer!

·
11,061 Posts
Yeah, but then this time of year "day" is a rather subjective term up here. If there's heavy overcast, it can be plenty dark at 2:30 p.m. I find that the automatic setting doesn't always get the lights on as early as I'd like...the lights aren't just for me to see...it's to make sure the other guys see ME.

·
11,061 Posts
Originally posted by SeattleSheila:
Yeah, but then this time of year "day" is a rather subjective term up here. If there's heavy overcast, it can be plenty dark at 2:30 p.m. I find that the automatic setting doesn't always get the lights on as early as I'd like...the lights aren't just for me to see...it's to make sure the other guys see ME.
Oh, and in some countries you MUST have the headlamps on during the day...like in Sweden. They wire the cars so that they come on with the ignition. Again, it's a visibility issue.

·
2,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
FYI- in France at least you are allowed to have yellow headlamps, I thought that was cool, I wouldnt mind having them but there is a minimum amount of fog down here.

·
Podiatrist
23,616 Posts
Malnodnarb
why don't you just disablethe DRL?
You just unplug something and they go off.
Look at some old posts about DRL.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts