Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you use car seat covers for your leather seats? Do you think it will help reduce wear of the leather?
Obviously it wont look as good with covers, but practically, they might be useful still?

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
OZIS200 said:
Do you use car seat covers for your leather seats? Do you think it will help reduce wear of the leather?
Obviously it wont look as good with covers, but practically, they might be useful still?
if you're gonna put cloth over your leather, why get leather in the first place? in my opinion, wuts the point of keeping the leather in good condition if no one is gonna see it?

·
Registered
7,043 Posts
keep your leather cleaned and conditioned on a regular basis and it wil look as good as day one. No need to sweat it. When i sold my 2 year old white IS about 3 weeks ago, the person who bought it looked on the inside and noticed how the leather looked almost brand new. If your leather starts to get shiny and develop some gloss, its dirty and dry. Go to the store pick up some Lexol Leather cleaner, and some Lexol leather conditioner.

To apply these the right way, you will need a few terry cloths, 100% cotton made in USA. Make them slightly damp/moist.
Now, spray the leather cleaner onto the cloth and run onto the leather, you will see white stuff start to come out, that is DIRT. Take another clean, damp cloth and wipe off the dirt till its clean. Do this to all the leather.

To CONDITION your leather, take another damp cloth and spray the conditioner onto the cloth. Dont be cheap, apply a good amount, especially if your seats have been neglected. If your car is over a year old, not garaged and not tinted, i suggest you spray the conditioner onto the leather and let it sit for an hour or so. Come back and wipe off the remains, then go back and do it the normal way: spray onto the damp cloth, and rub it into the leather.

If you do this every 6-7 weeks, your leather will stay in tip-top shape. Also, if your leather is kept conditioned, it will prevent it from cracking and creasing too much.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.