Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had emanage and TE fuel conditoner ECU, "black box" before switching to Haltech E6X.
My tuner still installed TE "black box" with the haltech to prevent CEL.
The car runs well and makes good power, however, we can't seem to get rid off the rough idle. We've checked the vacumm, and tried adjusting mixture, but still not much better. I finally called [email protected] and asked about it, but got to talk to his assistant who then told me that TE "black box" isn't made to use with a standalone, and might send a conflict signal with haltech. So i guess I need something like PFS"black box". Anyway, I'm just wondering what do you guys with standalone use as your "black box"? And where can I get it? Also is it okay to just leave the CEL on? Thanks for your comments.

·
Registered
190 Posts
It sounds like tuning. If you have complete control of the injectors and ignition (and everything is configured correctly) you should be able to make it idle smooth. What codes are you getting?

BG-LEX said:
I had emanage and TE fuel conditoner ECU, "black box" before switching to Haltech E6X.
My tuner still installed TE "black box" with the haltech to prevent CEL.
The car runs well and makes good power, however, we can't seem to get rid off the rough idle. We've checked the vacumm, and tried adjusting mixture, but still not much better. I finally called [email protected] and asked about it, but got to talk to his assistant who then told me that TE "black box" isn't made to use with a standalone, and might send a conflict signal with haltech. So i guess I need something like PFS"black box". Anyway, I'm just wondering what do you guys with standalone use as your "black box"? And where can I get it? Also is it okay to just leave the CEL on? Thanks for your comments.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I"ve tried both batch 1 and 3. The car runs so rich most of the time. Anyway, 2 of the tuners I've been to told me that they've tried changing settings, but the a/f wouldn't get better.
The car actually idles better when I turn on the A/C, but still shows 11s A/F ratio.

ForcefedIS said:
It sounds like tuning. If you have complete control of the injectors and ignition (and everything is configured correctly) you should be able to make it idle smooth. What codes are you getting?

·
Registered
2,278 Posts
BG-LEX said:
I"ve tried both batch 1 and 3. The car runs so rich most of the time. Anyway, 2 of the tuners I've been to told me that they've tried changing settings, but the a/f wouldn't get better.
The car actually idles better when I turn on the A/C, but still shows 11s A/F ratio.
Turning on the A/C rises the rpms, since the load on the car is a higher, so you're getting into another part of your map.. maybe you should see where the car is while the A/C is on, and then adjust it. Idle can be the toughest tuning, but can be accomplish, especially with a standalone=complete control

1 - 4 of 4 Posts