Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So yesterday morning as i was on my way into work on Fort Benning, GA......I hit a patch of ice doing about 15-20 mph. Back end came around on me (WITH traction control ON) and I ended up hitting the guard rail head on. No airbags deployed.......

Just wondering if you all think it will be considered a total.....I truly think it will be.......and kind of hope it is. I found a sweet deal on an 04 Silver Sport Design. Better than the 02 Intensa Auto in the pics.....

Thanks and the pics are below.

·
Blue Devil
3,658 Posts
mannnn. are you okay i hope???

i dont know HOW all that damage could have happened going ONLY 20mph, seems more like 60mph.

i also dont think insurance will wanna pay to fix that. GL, hope it all works out in the end!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah, i am actually fine. my head hit the windshield but nothing major at all.

and i think that there is so much damage because the guard rail got me right above the front bumper support beam. otherwise....i think that the support beam would have saved a lot of the impact......just my opinion though.....

·
Blue Devil
3,658 Posts
what's that GREEN battery?? some special winter battery or something?

·
Registered
153 Posts
Haha, looks like a VW Golf! :lol:
And that's gone for sure.

my head hit the windshield
That's from your head? :confused: I'd get yourself checked out before you start looking for a new car.. that looks like it was quite an impact.

what's that GREEN battery?? some special winter battery or something?
Interstate is one of the vendors that offer batteries with green tops, I like red myself though :)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ok, i will try to answer everyone.....

-151,000 miles.......she's been driven......A LOT
-yes, that is from my head.....and it pulled some hair out and that was it and i am still wiping glass out of my hair.
-it was a replacement battery from SC when i was in school there.
-it is funny that you say it looks like a VW Golf.....I have a GTI in my driveway that I am still trying to get running......needs a new turbo and I am lazy....i have everything i need to fix it just don't feel like workin on it...LOL but, i do have one and it doesn't run at the moment.....

so i appreciate what you all have said.....i kind of hope it is totalled.....the Sport Design is calling my name...lol will update once i know something from the insurance company. take care.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Jzsicklexus said:
151000= totalled for sure. Hopefully they cut you a chek before the sport design is gone! Good luck bud!
thankfully, i already talked to the guy. i am driving to Atlanta today to check it out and test drive it. He said the only real interest so far has been young kids that have no money.....GO FIGURE. LOL so i am optimistic about it still being available. thanks again folks.

·
Registered
248 Posts
My car was totaled with only this damage. 90k miles on my 2002. The same thing happened with my car. I hit a metal plate on a bridge with rain water on it and my rear end went out on me and pointed me into a nice concrete wall.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Wow...glad to see that you are ok. That looks totalled.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
total bust on the Sport Design. there were some minor road damage chips on the hood (somewhat expected for an 04), there was a tear in the plastic right below the passenger headlight, there was a cigarette burn in the back passenger seat, smelled like a minor oil leak, and the car jsut didn't shift like i wanted it to. maybe i was being too picky, but i just didn't "feel it"......ya know? so i think i will pass on the sport design.......BUT on the up side.....i think i foind a couple of M3's i may go look at......or the mighty STI. just haven't made my mind up yet.........

thanks to everyone for your input and expertise.......

·
Registered
201 Posts
My car was totaled with only this damage. 90k miles on my 2002. The same thing happened with my car. I hit a metal plate on a bridge with rain water on it and my rear end went out on me and pointed me into a nice concrete wall.

Dang they total'd your car for that? Stinks. I had the same incident happen to my. water on the metal plate and into the wall I went. Except I tried to correct it. Did your car have any other damage? Mine hit the wall on 3 corners and didn't get total'd I was told it would have if they realized how much damage was actually done before the work started. I'm not sure if that was lucky or not though. Anyway, mine didn't get total'd and had damage in 3 corners.

·
Registered
3,979 Posts
Is this a serious thread?

·
Registered
783 Posts
oh my gosh bro thats a nasty hit... hope your olkay and pretty much gone... cant wait to see whats next 4 u

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.