Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone regret spending the $ they spent boosting the IS and wish they put it down on a different car?

Just trying to weigh out my options. :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
910 Posts
MonStar1120 said:
Does anyone regret spending the $ they spent boosting the IS and wish they put it down on a different car?

Just trying to weigh out my options. :)
Cmon the IS is almost the sexiest car you can boost hands down. Every head that turns when the wastegate opens up is proof of it. No regrets here, although I just recently had my kit installed so its still a thrill to me.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
799 Posts
No regrets here :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
20,661 Posts
just dont spend what you dont have....that is all

I have seen or heard of way too many people getting into debt, maxing out credit cards, taking out loans, etc.....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
654 Posts
Sometimes but when I take my car out for drive it all goes away. Its a passion.

Whats money......... Its not coming with me.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,829 Posts
i regret not buying a kit and taking it to an IS300 specialist. i've spent over 10K and not much to show for it. just my .02
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,001 Posts
RAVEN said:
Sometimes but when I take my car out for drive it all goes away. Its a passion.

Whats money......... Its not coming with me.

I second this, once I hit boost I forget all the G's I spent.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,710 Posts
MonStar1120 said:
Does anyone regret spending the $ they spent boosting the IS and wish they put it down on a different car?

Just trying to weigh out my options. :)
Yes ....Lets just say this...Spend a ton of money on boosting your IS300..ANYONE..I mean ANYONE...Try reselling it ...You will be VERY dissapointed..I dont care whats done to your car. The resale will...SUCK.
BUT I loved EVERY bit of my IS300 and miss is day to day. Lot of money to spend and nothing in return. YOu got the $$ the spend, the
better off you are and better off you are to take the loss when selling. Just speaking first hand.
-Matt
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,533 Posts
I know i will regret spending the money when it comes time to sell my car. But for now, regardless how much i spent, i smile everytime i hit max boost and feel my rear end breaking lose

my friend once said it felt like a jet aircraft taking off :)
 

·
Podiatrist
Joined
·
23,616 Posts
I regret it.
Even though I love it.

But after the money is gone...you really think it's damn stupid how much you spend.
It's like we're all fockin millionares.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,782 Posts
Not to make spite, but I'm waiting for prices to go down (for you dudes that woulda cried a year ago that its not possible I say S1 TE kit) over a year or so to see that its not so much money problem to do it and hence not such a regret for getting that 8+ psi FHHHsssst! sound and some torque under your butt feeling.

B.
 

·
Podiatrist
Joined
·
23,616 Posts
I don't suggest any costly NA mods for anyone...unless it's just for sound purposes. That's just for personal enjoyment. Not for power.

If you're gonna boost, you have to have a certain gambling personality and the abiliity to say "what the hell, why not" to spending a few thousand more than expected.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,782 Posts
^^^ and the abitliy to figure sh*t out yourselft becuase this site is so helpful (hint hint sarcasim)

B.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
730 Posts
I regret it. Regret that I didn't live near a tuner to get more for the money. But then again I also regret that I waited so long to get boost :)
 

·
Hello World
Joined
·
3,733 Posts
UnVme said:
Yes ....Lets just say this...Spend a ton of money on boosting your IS300..ANYONE..I mean ANYONE...Try reselling it ...You will be VERY dissapointed..I dont care whats done to your car. The resale will...SUCK.
BUT I loved EVERY bit of my IS300 and miss is day to day. Lot of money to spend and nothing in return. YOu got the $$ the spend, the
better off you are and better off you are to take the loss when selling. Just speaking first hand.
-Matt
So basically the resale price of IS is crap after b00sting, right?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,830 Posts
SLayerS said:
So basically the resale price of IS is crap after b00sting, right?

you basically wont have much luck selling a boosted is300.




i don't regret being boosted but i hate how much money i spent..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,211 Posts
I regret not "YET" putting money into boost. coming soon though. I was almost there when tuition came up again, damn this college stuff ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,229 Posts
I wanna boost...but aint got the money to provide it....esp with those damn fkn gas prices going up like crazy...here in hawaii...its gonna hit $4.xx this coming up monday for supreme (not cool). But considering asia, for example HK...4 something is NOTHING!!! My dad over there literally spends almost a $100 US for a full tank...Hkis should know...lol
 
1 - 20 of 63 Posts
Top