Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think it looks sharp. By the way, is the Is300 engine meant to be revved high? VTEC has to be revved, how about the vvti?

·
Registered
354 Posts
Saw a RED Sport Cross (with dealer plates) on the Ventura Freeway this afternoon - headed East toward Burbank. The new Red is beautiful. It's a real red...very little orange. Almost identical to the Jetta Red from VW. The Highway Patrol will love it, too.

·
2,909 Posts
I love the RED I just wish they would have had it avail. for '01. I want it so badly, my last car was red, I like red I guess.

·
Registered
306 Posts
I too like what I have seen of the new red and wished they had it last year. It would have made for a difficult decision though, since I was looking for a different color than my previous car which was red. Now I'm thinking of a red 2002 manual...

·
Registered
56 Posts
That red is very nice. I would have chosen it over my silver. The silver is nice, but it's now a good looking silver. I prefer the BMW and Mercedes silver over the Lex.

·
Registered
21,494 Posts
I really like the red. I saw the red IS at the Chicago Auto Show. The only thing I didn't like was that the red tail lights on the trunk totally blend in with the color of the car. I'm not a fan of replacing them with the clear ones either.

Oh well, I'm keeping my GGP anyway!

·
Registered
82 Posts
I like red, infact I ordered one today! Red, 18 wheels,stick and nav.

No more 2001 IS 300 Black on Black..

I'm thinking the stick with Area 51 intake and Greddy exhaust should be quite fun on the road!:)

·
Registered
4,523 Posts
Absolutely Red is the same red for the SC430 and the Celica.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Don't like red on it. The auburn sky is MUCH nicer looking. (Of course I haven't seen the new one in person.) It may have to do with the fact that I currently have a red car and really want a graphite gray IS300. Too bad the economy sucks ass and I'm not making any money. More waiting.

·
11,061 Posts
Originally posted by Leader:
...The Highway Patrol will love it, too.
That's exactly what I was gonna say...

·
Registered
78 Posts
Originally posted by mystic:
Red is a nice color, but it's just not my color. I personally would choose colors either blue, white or jet black
Yep, I am a fan of the blue. It is hard to have a great looking blue and Lexus has done it. Twice if the pictures are correct. I really want to see the new blue with the 'pearl' in the sunlight, should be a trippy effect.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts