Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 92 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You know what I'm talking about...the Lexus-style tail lenses on modified Civics and other compact cars.

------------------
I'll dump my Mustang for an IS...if and when they EVER make an IS coupe!

·
Registered
113 Posts
You two should just stick to the CIVIC and be an IS300 wanna be. Obviously the IS300 is way out of range for your McDonald flipping burger $3.35 minimum wage job

·
Registered
12,157 Posts
eat a dick you lamer!

Originally posted by West:
HAHA. Here is a better question - are you tired of looking at Lexus-style tail lenses in the IS300??

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Jamest, actually, I have more money invested in two Mustangs and one Camaro than the base price of a new IS300...so that blows your IS wanna be theory out of the water. If I wanted an IS, which I would if they made it in a coupe, I could afford one (the sedan currently does not fit my needs considering I have a '94 Oldsmobile Cutlass sedan). And how do you know what the minimun wage is? I've never had a minimum wage job, and I couldn't tell you what the minimum wage was if my life depended on it. The question I addressed to the board was intended for real IS300 owners that have formed an opinion on the tail lenses. Obviously, if you were an IS owner, you would have been able to contribute a more constructive response. It's time to turn off the computer and get to bed, kid.

------------------

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
WhynoIS:

What does your last message have anything to do with the price of bubble gum in china?

You began the thread talking about the rear lenses and then in the next breath, you're boasting how much money you have invested in two cars that aren't IS300's... ummmm, who cares?

But to answer to your question about the rear lenses.... ummmmm, no. *LOL*

Scott.

------------------
...yet another proud owner of a fully loaded Graphite Gray Pearl '01 IS300

·
Registered
25 Posts
hey i hate to tell you IS guys, but those lights were out a long time before your IS even came on the market. So don't you think the question should be the other way around?

·
Registered
11,902 Posts
Originally posted by jamest_corvel:
You two should just stick to the CIVIC and be an IS300 wanna be. Obviously the IS300 is way out of range for your McDonald flipping burger $3.35 minimum wage job
Nice one...just remember that Bill Clinton raised the damn min wage so scrubs like these guys can afford to drive a Camaro

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Zoku: If you read more carefully you would have noticed that my last comment was addressed to some imbecile that took a shot at not olny me but IS300 owners, too. It was not addressed to the whole board and I was not boasting about anything...but if you want details and specs I can boast about my NMRA Pure Street Mustang all day long!

Jigga, where do you think those lights came from? Do you think some aftermarket rice rocket company developed them and Lexus jumped on their train? Of course not! They are a Toyota design that's been used in Japan for years and some company decided to make them for kids to slap on their Civics. To put it in words that a Jigga-man might understand, "they done bit their styles, yo!"

Agent, I hate to say it, but a Camaro SS with all of the SLP options costs more than an IS300.

------------------

·
Registered
11,902 Posts
All you said was 2 mustangs and a camaro...seems to me like they could very well be yard cars or a body style like Kit from NightRider...you have a phucking Olds for crying out loud...you have no taste

[This message has been edited by Agent Smith (edited January 25, 2001).]

·
Registered
699 Posts
not to offend any mustang or camaro owner. but i have a friend that thinks that his camaro SS is that whole Shi##% and got his ass smoked by a SUPRA... and also concerning about realiability concerns.. they're disposable vehicles..

Originally posted by Agent Smith:
Nice one...just remember that Bill Clinton raised the damn min wage so scrubs like these guys can afford to drive a Camaro

·
Registered
759 Posts
Actually I like the lights because they are REAL and BELONG on the car. I remember the dude who put the real IS lights on his car back in 99 (It was a 5th gen Accord). It looked really good, and he was the only one to had done it then...so it was original. Now everyone has them...even Mustangs. But we are the only ones that can honestly know that they belong on us. I think they were derived to be street legal clear lights...then the style just took off.

------------------
98 Accord EX V6 coupe
AEM Intake, Comptech Headers, Random Tech high-flow cat, GReddy dual MX exhaust, BLTI Carbon Fiber Ignition cables, eibach springs, Axis wheels with Nittos, Wings West Spoiler.
15.1 @ 92 mph
2001 Lexus IS300 (Solar Yellow)
Coming soon: 12 second timeslips with the IS (my new all out drag car!)

·
Registered
174 Posts
Jigga622,

I hate to tell you this but your WRONG!!!! I just happen to know a designer at lexus and they had the specs for the clear/silver tailights two years before the car even went into production, Meaning that other car accessory manufacturers got their hands on these specs, of the IS, when the car was first on paper, and stole the idea in anticipation of making money off of someone elses design...... I hope this helps......

Originally posted by jigga622:
hey i hate to tell you IS guys, but those lights were out a long time before your IS even came on the market. So don't you think the question should be the other way around?

------------------
Proud owner of a SOLAR IS 300, 2001
loaded
Miami,FL

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
yep over here in boston they all got rid of their "clear" tail lights and got the altezza style I would say 9 out of 10 it burns em up when they see me with the originals, some moron asked me "where did you order your tail lights for your lexus?"
I was nearly going to smack him.

·
Registered
11,902 Posts
Originally posted by PMD911:
Two Camaros and a Mustang....
Say, "Y'all come back now ya hear!"
you left out the Oldsmobile and the fact that he is married to his sister who happens to be his uncle's ex-wife and 1st cousin on his mother's side and has 7 kids from 5 different fathers

·
Registered
159 Posts
I just saw a Neon at my school today that has the same tail lights as out IS's. I haven't ever seen these lights on other cars because I live in Michigan. I was pretty pissed to see a POS neon with em though.
Originally posted by WhyNoISCoupe:
You know what I'm talking about...the Lexus-style tail lenses on modified Civics and other compact cars.

·
Registered
78 Posts
yes the altezza released in japan in the summer of 1998 after that everyone change their clear tail lights into their honda and Neon from CRY-sler

who is that brother said " hey i hate to tell you IS guys, but those lights were out a long time before your IS even came on the market. So don't you think the question should be the other way around?" there are no another way around buddy

lexus should had their own copyright

1 - 20 of 92 Posts