Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had enough of that damn CD player always giving me that ERROR 1 message, and I wanted to get some help :pissed: . Almost everytime I turn my CD player on I get an "ERROR 1" message. Do any of you guys know what that means? And what can I do to get rid of that and finally enjoy my CD player? The strange sh*t about it though is that when I put an original CD, it works very good. But when I put burned CD's I get that error message. I got a 2001, and I use MEMOREX CD's. So, if you have any suggestions of what I can do to correct that problem, please post them.

·
Registered
5,013 Posts
Why, if you get these errors so often, have you not taken your car into the dealership? ,'=\

·
Registered
670 Posts
yes, dealer will fix this if you still have warranty....

same thing was happening to me, so I took to dealer..... and once they took care of it.....

make sure you can show the delaer the 'error 1' message!!!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
my car is not from dealership. (long story). You guys have other suggestions? The other day I was thinkning of buying those lens cleaner disks. You think those would work?

·
8,849 Posts
You have a few options:
1) Use different brand blank CDs. Maybe your CD-Recorder needs upgrading too.

2) Buy another headunit unit from members sale/trade forum. Expect to spend around $100. Many people upgrade their audio systems and have no use for the OEM headunit.

3) Replace the whole OEM system.

I would favor #3.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts