Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

do you think the IS is worth spending $650.00
a month payments. i would really like your opinion on this as far as quality and price.

if i buy this car this is what my payments would be for 5 years. i can afford it but i was just curious to see if there's anything out there this goog for 32,000

and no i dont like the acuras so please dont suggest that, their not sporty enough for me.

thanks guys

·
Am I Hype-R???
13,648 Posts
i think it's worth it. even tho ppl tell me it's an expensive civic, i don't care. by the way, my ex-gf has a new 4 door civic, and they're nothing alike.

i love my IS. can't think of another 4 door, RWD, automatic car i'd rather own in it's price range.

------------------
2001 IS300 Graphite Grey
94 Supra TT/6-speed/HardTop
90 Integra
86 Corolla GTS (AE86)

·
Registered
727 Posts
If you need a car right now, the IS300 is as good as any car in its class. If you can wait until next spring, then consider the Suby WRX- a faster, less civilized sports sedan.

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i would expect an answer like that from someone who drives an acura

DO YOU DRIVE AN ACURA!!!!!!!!!

man i feel sorry for you

(OVERPRICED HONDA)

·
Premium Member
15,322 Posts
whoa there cowboy, dont bash the acura, it cant help who buys it. dont tell ppl not to bash you only to turn around and bash them, thats hypocritical and can only lead downhill.

i pay 600 a month for my fully loaded IS, thats somewhere along the lines of 9.25% APR
for five years (ouch) and thats with 10000 down, but I'm young and can afford to stretch myself, but i dont have house payments, kids and what have you to worry about either...its worth it to me, a little extra hard work won't kill me. that 50 can add up fast, 12months x 5 years x $50 = $3000
find a way to bring down the monthly as much as you can, shop around for a better interest rate or find more to put down, or put it in you parent's name or something if they have better credit and will get a better APR.... my car is worth every penny and every drop of sweat.

·
Registered
10,281 Posts
Originally posted by mccarlin:
i would expect an answer like that from someone who drives an acura

DO YOU DRIVE AN ACURA!!!!!!!!!

man i feel sorry for you

(OVERPRICED HONDA)
yep i do

wanna race?

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks don, i feel alittle more secure now in my purchase.

QuikVR6 i was just kiddin around i know that you like to bash the IS a lot so i was just adding fuel to the flame.

later

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Originally posted by mccarlin:
thanks don, i feel alittle more secure now in my purchase.

QuikVR6 i was just kiddin around i know that you like to bash the IS a lot so i was just adding fuel to the flame.

later
i mean Geoff sorry VR6

·
Registered
10,281 Posts
i really don't bash the is except for how it's slower than my CL-S. other than that, i like the car. i almost bought one.

·
Registered
3,256 Posts
don't buy it!!
I can't stand my IS since the day I bought it.
Everyday after school I would walk back to my car and find a zillion finger prints on my car/windows. Then when I drive home, everybody was looking at my car as I drove by. I mean.. jeez.. what's the matter with that?

·
Registered
10,281 Posts
the is300 is a head-turner to some extent, i'll give it that.

it desperately needs a manual to have the necessary speed, though.

·
Registered
47 Posts
i really don't bash the is except for how it's slower than my CL-S.
Hey doesn't the CL-S have a lower top speed than the IS?

Oh and this is not directed towards you Geoff but just a comment in generalwhen people go on about a car being slow...

numbers mean jack. It is all about the driver. Furthemore, anything less than say .5 seconds difference in the 0-60 mph sprint is trivial. The IS300 is not slow compared to the CL-S or say the BMW 330. The IS300 is slow compared to a 360 Modena or 911 Turbo

·
11,061 Posts
Well, let's see. I wanted the car and had to find a way to acquire it. I'm very disciplined when it comes to planning out expenses. Got a decent loan (due to spotless credit) and stretched payments to 80 months. My plan is to take about $2,000 a year from semi-annual bonuses + some extra that will be left over after I finish off the credit card debt (only about $1,400 now) and pay extra on the loan so I'll be done earlier. (Fortunately my job is VERY secure, so this will work.) Things are not as free and easy as when I didn't have a car, but I still make the mortgage payment, feed the 401(k) and am re-stocking the savings account, which was raided for the down payment. It's all very much worth it!

·
Registered
10,281 Posts
Originally posted by r2917:
Hey doesn't the CL-S have a lower top speed than the IS?

Oh and this is not directed towards you Geoff but just a comment in generalwhen people go on about a car being slow...

numbers mean jack. It is all about the driver. Furthemore, anything less than say .5 seconds difference in the 0-60 mph sprint is trivial. The IS300 is not slow compared to the CL-S or say the BMW 330. The IS300 is slow compared to a 360 Modena or 911 Turbo
cl-s top speed is 147

and with automatics, very little is left to the driver

next

·
Registered
11,902 Posts
$650 a month is steep...what down? what interest? Have you thought about leasing?

Use your head man...the car is sweet but don't eat Top Ramen for 4 or 5 years just to drive it...you still need to put 92 Octane+ in there....

N-E-G-O-T-I-A-T-E a better payment for crying out loud.

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
agent,

money down is 5000 and the interest is 8.75% which is pretty good these days. leasing is the same monthly payment and then i would be stuck for the 3-4 years. buying it i can get out if i really had too.

thanks a lot for everyones input

later

1 - 20 of 28 Posts