Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I cleaned up the ol' IS today - wash, wax, tire shine, vacuum. I found myself driving more spirited
than usual on the way home. I find that I drive faster when my car is squeaky clean for some unknown reason...

·
Registered
201 Posts
I don't. I'm just the opposite. When the car is at its cleanest, I tend to drive slower because I enjoy watching people sweat the car and I know they're wishing they were me. When the car is clean, the rims and tires are shining bright is what I call pimp time!!! I thought you knew!!!

------------------

·
Registered
219 Posts
LOL! I find myself doing the same thing. Crank the radio up. I think a clean car gives you 5 more HP in I'm not mistaken!

------------------
TC
Spectra/Blue
17" Lexus Chome
01 Nissan Pathfinder

·
Registered
253 Posts
You bet your AZZZZZZ I do Card!!!
Every Sunday after spending some quality time with her....usually 3 to 4 hours of cleaning, I find myself doing the same thing.

------------------
5Zigen Exhaust
SRT High Flow Intake
TRD Sway Bars

·
Registered
201 Posts
Clam knows what time it is. What sense does it make to spend all that time getting her all glassed up when you're driving too fast for people to admire your work?
Originally posted by mrclam:
i do the same as 4yoazz. i drive slow so that everyone can gawk and stare at me
hee hee

------------------

·
Registered
4,250 Posts
that's waht i'm sayin' :p

Originally posted by 4yoazz:
Clam knows what time it is. What sense does it make to spend all that time getting her all glassed up when you're driving too fast for people to admire your work?

·
Am I Hype-R???
13,648 Posts
our physics teacher told us that when you wax your car...theoretically you can go faster because of the loss of dirt and grime on your car...the dirt and grime creates more parasitic drag...plus...after waxing...your car has a lower drag coefficient...

so being a nice student i raised my hand and asked: "can you prove that???" he said...okay, now let's go on to chapter 7...

------------------
2001 IS300 Graphite Grey
98 MB CLK 320 white
94 Supra TT/6-speed/HardTop/black
90 Integra pearl white

·
Registered
4,523 Posts
I wonder if the weight reduction argument could apply.

Mass of Dirt > Mass of Wax

or

Mass of Dirt < Mass of Wax?

·
Registered
12,157 Posts
i do, i do and then i will tell johnny law:

"i was drying my car off occifer! i swear it"

·
11,062 Posts
I'm not sure. Could be an illusion because my nose is a little bit higher.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
I do... but not intentionally.

Scott.

------------------
...yet another proud owner of a fully loaded Graphite Gray Pearl '01 IS300

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
About this Discussion
12 Replies
10 Participants
Zoku
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing