Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
its all dirty under there, i usually just spray tire shine on it so it wont look nasty when the car is clean. how do you guys keep it clean or clean it?

·
Registered
247 Posts
When the car was stock, I would wash the wheel wells every time the car was washed. But ever since the car was lower, it has gotten harder to maintan them clean.

·
Registered
4,968 Posts
I do it every time. I have a special sponge for that super dirty part of the wash.
If not the car can look pretty bad even after a clean, in the sun.

·
Premium Member
16,944 Posts
Ok lets cover sprayin tire shit on it.....

TIRE SHIT IS LIKE GLUE TO DIRT, DUST, ETC..... Use soap water and a rag, or sponge and get in there. I just do the area above the tire and down both sides, not too deep!!

want to cut down on dirt? DONT SPRAY TIRE SHIT!

David

·
Registered
831 Posts
I use meguiars wheel wash spray works pretty well when used right :)

·
Registered
12,498 Posts
I kinda gave up after the first winter up here (with sand and salt). But I do use the power washer to spray them really good after each winter.

·
Registered
831 Posts
Chigger said:
I kinda gave up after the first winter up here (with sand and salt). But I do use the power washer to spray them really good after each winter.
I saw a pressure sprayer at pepboys for like $100, I'm thinking about buying it for after the winter.

·
Registered
727 Posts
i've found it to be harder to get in there after i lowered my car, but i did purchase a power washer a while ago and i still use it. doesnt do a perfect job but it does knock off all the mud from under there.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts