Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m getting a weird popping sound from the front end when turning and was checking the front don’t suspension and saw these lower castor arm bushings that look like they arm popping out, doesn’t seem like any play but does this look right?

Thanks in advance)

Attachments

·
Registered
582 Posts
I cant see the rubber center in those photos so hard to say if its good or not for sure

However i am pretty sure i could see it twisting around between the center and the arm on mine when it is holding together, those "look" like the arm may have moved up and down and contacted the body and brace, in which case they are no good.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thnks! I checked again and there is a small loose piece of rubber that can be pulled out from inside the bushing

·
Registered
582 Posts
Sounds like the bushes are broken, time to replace the bushings/arms. The OEM ones are solid on 2 sides and a gap on 2 sides to alow some movement, you shouldnt be able to pull any of it out.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Popping noises are usually lower ball joints. I'd replace those asap, as the ones on these cars don't last (especially if your car is lowered). And while you're in there get the Figs No. 2 arm bushing to fix the issue with your control arm bushing, it looks deteriorated from age.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts