Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey does anyone know if the strut bar alone with improve the handling of an IS noticably. Im not sure if its a good investment. im looking for things cheap and easy to take off so i can improve the handling on my leased IS300.

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
They do help...probably not drastically....but noticable....it makes the car feel more tight and makes the car feel no so shaky/skwerly, atleast for me it felt this way...(PLP fton strut, TRD rear)

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
The first thing I did to my car as far as suspension goes is add the JIC front strut bar. It made a noticeable difference in the handling of the car. Going on big sweeping turns like on ramps the car felt more stable and could take them at a greater speed with more composure. It was definitetly worth the $125. and it's so easy to install, no jacks required. But for the best bang for the buck I think sway bars are the ticket, it is unbelievable how much better the car handles with the Hotchkis swaybar. It's a whole different beast with them and you can easily remove them if need be.

·
Registered
2,148 Posts
DHCrocks said:
The first thing I did to my car as far as suspension goes is add the JIC front strut bar. It made a noticeable difference in the handling of the car. Going on big sweeping turns like on ramps the car felt more stable and could take them at a greater speed with more composure. It was definitetly worth the $125. and it's so easy to install, no jacks required. But for the best bang for the buck I think sway bars are the ticket, it is unbelievable how much better the car handles with the Hotchkis swaybar. It's a whole different beast with them and you can easily remove them if need be.
^^^ agree
my 1st mod was jic cf stb followed by trd yellow sways a few months later
stb - noticeable
sways - made a big difference :D

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
Sway bars a way better interms of handling...:)

Strcut Bar makes abit different but its mainly a cosmetic mod...you cant really feel the different until you drive to around 40mph around corners...

Matt

·
Registered
3,816 Posts
red_is300_boi said:
so i guess the sway bar is definatly better handling than a strut. ok thanx for the help
If you go with the whole set up you will feel a lot more stability with the sways and strut bars, IMO 8)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts