Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i always find ricerockets in my rear view mirror.....taggin along so closely to my yellow IS.

just the other nite i was on south 101 and i noticed a black lowerd 95 prelude with cleared out lights and the red "H". he pulls up behind me and tailgates me when i'm driving at 70 mph for like a mile.

so i pull into another lane and i notice he punched it and was pulling up and passing my car rather fast. annoyed, i also punch it

at first the IS kinda accelerated slowley (i was at about 60 mph cause of lane change) and then once it hit about 65 it changed gears and REVVED hella loud and went up to 90 before i knew it and i caught up and passed the prelude, but then there was some traffic so i had to slow down.

guess that doesn't really count as a kill but it was fun to "beat" him when he was at a big advantage

·
Registered
3,047 Posts
The reason "rice rockets" tailgate you is due in part because your car ultimately looks like one itself. Yellow, rims and cleared out tail lights will no doubtebly attract young drag racing rice rockets to your car to persue a potential race. Which your car looks like it can do but sadly fails in the speed arena.

Hell no one except IS300 owners think your car is actual luxury and performance, so why should rice rockets!?

------------------
Is adult entertainment killing our children? Or is Killing our children entertaining adults?

·
Registered
125 Posts
Originally posted by Master:
at first the IS kinda accelerated slowley (i was at about 60 mph cause of lane change) and then once it hit about 65 it changed gears and REVVED hella loud and went up to 90 before i knew it
I noticed the transmission takes it's time "deciding" what it wants to do. It seems like it knows how you are driving. I notice this delay if I am just crusing along at 75-80 (tries to be more economical). If I am getting on it; it down shifts before I event get the pedal half way down.

·
Registered
2,372 Posts
I get the coffee can brigade every day! I need some punk in a VW to roll up on me so I can blow some of the stale air outta my intake runners LOL

·
Registered
72 Posts
Master, What is it with 101 and tailgaters?
I drive it a lot and get tailgated a often. I find it is usually SUV drivers. They must hate life in their SUVs so much they feel the need to tailgate those with more stylish vehicles. There's nothing worse than some loser SUV driver with something to prove.

·
Am I Hype-R???
13,648 Posts
i used to commute the 101 from san jo to santa clara everyday...i'd have honda trying to race me in the supra all the time. what a waste of gas. now i commute the 237/880 and for some reason, i don't have this problem that much. i found this a little weird.

------------------
2001 IS300 Graphite Grey
94 Supra TT/6-speed/HardTop
90 Integra
86 Corolla GTS (AE86)

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yea there's really bad drivers out there....not to be racist but the white ppl in their suv's and high end cars are the worse....they speed....cut off....tail gate...everything. and they say asian drivers are bad haha

don't mean to offen anyone

oh i saw a blue mica on north 101 at the 880 exit this morning....belong to anyone here? had a magnessum plate

·
Registered
65 Posts
I'm telling you guys, Honda owners are world famous for tailgating!

If I get tailgated, my brakes suddenly apply with the tailgater trying to correct his/her steering and yelling something out of their mouths. I can't hear what they're saying though, with the 8-speaker, 6-disc-in-dash CD player going!?! Oh, and also the signature serenity of the LEXUS.

·
Registered
12,157 Posts
Originally posted by msilverIS:
I'm telling you guys, Honda owners are world famous for tailgating!

If I get tailgated, my brakes suddenly apply with the tailgater trying to correct his/her steering and yelling something out of their mouths. I can't hear what they're saying though, with the 8-speaker, 6-disc-in-dash CD player going!?! Oh, and also the signature serenity of the LEXUS.
honda owners are also world famous for being posers, and having the fastest looking/slowest performing vehicle out there. they also are the worlds biggest ahole drivers too. second in line, is of course DikVr6 and his GTI .

·
Registered
818 Posts
Come on guys, lets not stereotype, thats uncool. I get a lot of flack from people assuming I drive a certain way because I have a BMW. I drive like anyone else would (or I say SHOULD). I watch out for everyone else, while making sure Im not putting myself or anyone else in danger.

Just my 2 cents.

Justy
99 328i

·
Registered
2,372 Posts
Master, congrats on being the Ahole of the day! Rarely do we get to see such an outright display of racism and bigotry! I applaud you for your insensitivity, arrogance, and most of all ignorance. We can all rest easier knowing you will make some catastrophic error in judgement resulting in an early departure from our company.

·
Registered
3,339 Posts
Master that comment was quite uncalled for, wether it was intentional or not.

It doesn't matter what the person drives or what race they are or how old. There are idiot drivers of all races, sexes, ages driving all kinds of automobiles out there period. I've narrated my experiences in some other post.

-crontab -l

------------------
An Ecstatic Owner of a Fully-Loaded Graphite Gray 2001 Lexus IS 300

·
Am I Hype-R???
13,648 Posts
msilverIS - you better watch out, some of those guys might start throwing them maui onions at you.

i miss maui onions...

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
More than the "wowi" or pinapples or kona coffee?

Originally posted by HyperMKIV:
msilverIS - you better watch out, some of those guys might start throwing them maui onions at you.

i miss maui onions...

·
Registered
219 Posts
Originally posted by SoundSpeed:
Oh shut the f*ck up. You are all idiots making dumb comments out of your ass.
oh... so you are a honda owner...puleeezz
or maybe a vw??? lol

------------------
xxsiLveR_iS300xx

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
I find that I'm guilty of tailgating though unintentional...It's just that the IS handles much better than 95% of the cars on the road. In my six mile commute, what are the chances of me following a BMW, S4, Vette, etc? Normally, I'm following a minivan, SUV, or some other generic car - and therefore I'm up their butt because they seem to be going too slow.

Yesterday I was driving behind a BMW 318 hatchback - man the exhaust pipe tip on that thing was smaller than my, I mean, a hotdog. What's up with that vehicle??

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
About this Discussion
36 Replies
20 Participants
HIBBoyScott
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing