Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It seems I didn't get a remote bass control with my kicker kx600.1 amp. I am going back to the audio store to see if they can install it for me. However, since it is a factory head unit, would it make much of a difference. My friend has 2 rockford fosgate 12's with a factory head unit and a remote bass controller and it doesn't do anything. I expected it to be where if I didn't want too much bass I could turn it down to a really low level.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Remote bass knob

I believe what you are refering to is the RGX bass control module from Kicker. It is a seperate option that you have to buy, and it plugs into the multi-docking port on your amp which also includes a crossover. I had it installed on my car when I used to be using the factory head unit, and it makes all the difference in the world. It actually has nothing to do with the headunit at all, but rather the amplifier running your subs. If you are using the factory head unit, I am assuming you are using a line level convertor to get the RCA signal to your amp. The actual connection for the RGX sub control is an RJ-11 (like a phone cord) that connects from the amplifier to the actual control knob module itself. If you need more info, let me know, and here are some pics for ya. Pics are kinda dark so you might want to turn up the brightness on your monitor a little, or check out the link to the webpage to get bigger pics. L8r

·
Registered
975 Posts
Re: Remote bass knob

daily8260 said:
Does that RGX remote bass knob work for all brand amps? or just Kicker?
I believe the RGX is a Kicker brand remote.

If the amp has the capability for a remote, and it's remote input connection is an RJ-11 connection, then just maybe. But if it has that capability, then you're better off just getting the remote made by that same brand. For instance, Phoenix Gold and Rockford amps have similar remotes (PG's is used as a volume control, RF's is for a bass frequency control).

I say "maybe" because it may depends if the wires inside them are criss-crossed (I doubt it), or if the potentiometer in the volume control is not of the correct value (here again I doubt it makes a difference, except in how much the volume can be adjusted by). Either way, if the amp doesn't have the input/feature...then no.

·
Registered
975 Posts
Dmin said:
is this question a joke or what?
Seems like it.

But it could be that the person asking the question is not familiar with the product. Now, a company could (and probably has) come out with a variable attenuator that could go in line with the line level (RCA) inputs of the amp or out puts of the deck, and then it would work on any amp.

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Peter_Klim said:
Dmin said:
is this question a joke or what?
Seems like it.

But it could be that the person asking the question is not familiar with the product. Now, a company could (and probably has) come out with a variable attenuator that could go in line with the line level (RCA) inputs of the amp or out puts of the deck, and then it would work on any amp.
I didn't know because my kicker amp was supposed to come with a bass control and I figured that the shop thought it wasn't necessary because it does no good.

·
Useless
5,346 Posts
PAC makes an inline controller that goes in between the head and the amp via the RCA's.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts