Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanted to know if HIDs seem too bright to other oncoming cars. Every time i drive at night, the people coming towards me turn on their brights intentionally to blind me! Those bastards!!! Maybe i should start doing the same to them because they think i have my brights on or something.

·
Registered
799 Posts
People do that to me also. One guy in front of me had the nerve to turn over to the right lane, slow down and got behind me to put his highbeams on me. We all know that didn't effect me b/c of the dimming mirror we have in our cars. Then I turned over to the next lane got behind him, and showed what are high beams really were. I drove next to him after that and he didn't bother looking over. Idiot!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
7 Posts
i have bi-xenon (hid) on my bmw and love clarity of lighting, especially when driving down a dark road... also, IMO, hid's look much better on most cars, especially cars with any sporting intentions...

now as far as facing oncoming cars with hid's... doesn't bother me any unless they aren't aligned properly...

i think what's 10 times worse than hid's are suv's and trucks which at the height of where the lamps are, it's completely blinding whether they are oncoming or right behind you...

i absolutely hate suv's and think they should be banned... but i digress...

later,
thomas

·
Registered
3,031 Posts
HIDs are pretty much like halogen bulbs. They should only bother oncoming traffic and those in front of you if they are not aligned properly.

·
Registered
28,808 Posts
HIDS should not be blinding to other cars unless your auto-leveling system is messed up.

·
Registered
4,027 Posts
with the C west eyelids, there isnt any of that top end glare coming from the projectors.. i figure im doing oncoming traffic a service with those things.. ive noticed it only reduces just the top end glare from the HIDs.. nothing to worry about while driving, but should help oncoming traffic from going blind..

·
Registered
712 Posts
I have never been flashed highbeams by another oncoming driver for as long as I have had my car (unless I have my highbeams on)! You lights may have to be adjusted so the light projectes lower than it already does. Our cars are equipped with a headlight leveling system but even this can be misaligned so that you accidentally blind others yet the instrument panel doesn't show anything rong with the headlight system. Check with the dealer to see if this special circumstance applies to you! :)

·
Registered
703 Posts
I always get popped with people's high beams. My HID lights are straight as much as i can tell. I just hit my brights in a response...

lighted city streets you wont have that kind of problem i dun think. But country roads/dark areas, itll happen to ya.

"THESE are my brights idiot!" 8)

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
I love HIDs. They are so much clearer than standard lights. I think standard lights look yellow compared to HIDs. A lot of people are swapping out their Halogens for Hyper Whites (not really HIDs, but brighter than the Halogens) to get a brighter, clearer light.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Has anyone installed a HID kit to replace the bulbs in your fog lamps?

I was thinking about doing this since I have an extra HID kit lying around.

ritual

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
About this Discussion
15 Replies
16 Participants
ritual
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing