Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i put san bags and the car and the car didnt respond good at all. steering wheel staring going crazy. so i called lexus and they told me extra weight is not good for the car and that was the reason of the problem.

·
Registered
18,524 Posts
ummm, yeah....

you need to get SNOW TIRES for the traction.....not sandbags!

8)

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yes i just relize t hat. i m getting my tires this week. i just though the extra weigh was goig to help thats all.

·
8,849 Posts
As I have posted in the past, putting weight in the rear upsets the car balance.
Snow tires is the proper way to gain traction.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well today i learn my lesson. is a very bad idea. my car got very very out of balance while i drove with the sand bags in the car. once i got them out it was normal.

·
Registered
807 Posts
what about with my system in the trunk? I figured thats why my back springs sag so much...too much weight in the trunk :whine:

·
11,054 Posts
Yah....too much weight is bad...

·
Registered
5,072 Posts
SeattleSheila said:
Yah....too much weight is bad...
that's why i don't let fat people ride in my car. that and the fact that they seem to constantly be eating french fries and i don't let people eat in my car.

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
tsopranoMB said:
ummm, yeah....

8)
:lol: :lol: :lol:

now ways! please tell me this is a joke :lol:

·
Registered
79 Posts
vlad_a said:
As I have posted in the past, putting weight in the rear upsets the car balance.
Snow tires is the proper way to gain traction.
What's the weight distribution of an IS anyways?

More weight in different locations of a car won't upset the balance of the car. Abrupt driving inputs upset the balance of the car.

·
3,160 Posts
miguelfig said:
well today i learn my lesson. is a very bad idea. my car got very very out of balance while i drove with the sand bags in the car. once i got them out it was normal.
How long have you been living out there? You'd think you know these things.

·
Registered
3,517 Posts
what?

i have 280 lbs of sand in my trunk this instant...and its very snowy and ice here, and my car has not lost control yet and im running on re92....but i am a very slow driver

·
Registered
965 Posts
miguelfig said:
You should've learned your lesson last year when we told you to get snow tires after you were bitch'n what a crappy car the IS is.

·
Premium Member
16,597 Posts
Conrad_Turbo said:
What's the weight distribution of an IS anyways?
54% front/46% rear for the Sedan
53% front/47% rear for the SportCross

·
Registered
643 Posts
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: sand bags :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :shame: :crazy: :lol:

·
Registered
197 Posts
goldznnz said:
tsopranoMB said:
ummm, yeah....

8)
:lol: :lol: :lol:

now ways! please tell me this is a joke :lol:
I guess since we never see snow, but is this normal for you cold weather peeps?

·
Registered
584 Posts
lol i had 100lbs+ of sound system in for about 4 months and when i emptied it.... best GAIN I EVER FELT out of ANY MODs!! :lol: :lol: :lol: IM SERIOUS! i felt big difference :x

1 - 20 of 56 Posts