Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you do what would you do. Which route would you take? NA? Forced Induction (turbo or supercharge)? NOS? Just want to see which way you guys would go. Personally i'd go turbo. I have some experience with turbos and i love the sound of the turbo spooling.

·
Registered
3,965 Posts
here are my plans. dont know how feasible they actually are but this is what i want to do to my IS...
PLAN 1:
first...full coil over suspension to dump it and roll on 18"s or 19"s, i heard the 19"s look too big for the car. im looking at the volk te37 in bronze or white. but the se37 look good too.
second...under the hood. im looking to getting the swift tech intake and ecu. and then maybe a TRD supercharger and a little shot of NOS.
PLAN 2:
dump it but keep stock wheels. engine and tranny swap. go for the supra turbo w/ the six speed. then go for aftermarket turbo and computer. and keep it sleeper.
YES, YES, I am going to "rice" out my IS.

·
Registered
11,902 Posts
I was thinking about the Swift Racing Intake mod...should net about 20-22 HP....just depends on the price/performance trade off for me.

·
Registered
323 Posts
lex, you go to UCI? just wondering cause im from UCI and there are a lot of other heads in here that live in/around here. i have a black IS, lowered only so far. pickin up some rims later on today, hopefully. ill be posting some pics either later tonite or tomorrow.

i plan to do the basic I/H/E. i really want an exhaust now, like the japanese ones. i like the tanabe racing medallions, how they angle out. if i had dual exhausts i think it would look so [email protected]$$.

mike

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
Naa, I like it just the way it is. At least no exterior mods for me. If they make a supercharger/turbo, that doesn't cost an arm and a leg, I'd probably get that. But other than that, no mods for me.
I like cars in their original form, no stickers or aftermarket rims (unless they're really good and you can fit a Lexus logo in the middle), or anything else for that matter. But engine mods would be subtle and will enhance performance - to kill the M3/S4/C43. So I might be willing to spend another $3K or so on engine upgrades.
Good luck to the rest of you!!

black/ivory
17"

·
Registered
442 Posts
That won't be legal in CA. CA laws say when you replace the whole engine the engine has to be the same year or newer. So untill lexus/toyota puts out a 2JZ-GTE engine thats in a 2001+ car it won' be possible. You could get a JDM one but i heard thats even more impossible to get legalized.

Originally posted by LexDymndz:
here are my plans. dont know how feasible they actually are but this is what i want to do to my IS...
PLAN 1:
first...full coil over suspension to dump it and roll on 18"s or 19"s, i heard the 19"s look too big for the car. im looking at the volk te37 in bronze or white. but the se37 look good too.
second...under the hood. im looking to getting the swift tech intake and ecu. and then maybe a TRD supercharger and a little shot of NOS.
PLAN 2:
dump it but keep stock wheels. engine and tranny swap. go for the supra turbo w/ the six speed. then go for aftermarket turbo and computer. and keep it sleeper.
YES, YES, I am going to "rice" out my IS.

·
Registered
548 Posts
Yep, I'm going to mod my car. But only basic mods: I/H/E, ECU, sport springs, sport front grill, the "Toyota" logo for the trunk, "TOYOTA" emblem, "Altezza" emblem, clear side markers, JDM clear foglights.

I'm going back to Singapore this December (for winter vacation). And when I'm back to the US in the middle of January, I'll bring those "Toyota" logo, "TOYOTA" emblem, "Altezza" trunk emblem, as well as the clear side markers. Hopefully, I can get a hold of those JDM clear foglights.

·
Registered
3,965 Posts
GPR:
Yes I am aware that the motor swap thing isnt street legal in CA, but neither is NOS.
I was thinking about getting the 280T motor from the Team NETZ Altezza, but thats gonna cost probably more. but that is the motor that powers the TOP SECRET gold supra and thats thing BONES OUT!.
acuraracing:
Yes I do go to UCI and I see a lot of IS's around. but i mostly see chicks driving them. I've seen two diamond whites (besides mine) one w/ tint, one w/o. I've seen a couple silvers. a few blacks, a blue, and a yellow. i pulled up to some guy in a black one awhile ago by middle earth and we gave each other the thumbs up. was that you? but most of the ones i've seen are being driven by chicks. But damn, UCI is full of nice cars. I saw a R32 skyline in the student center structure. and all i gots to say was DAMN!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts