Mborner is this right? You're not able to find the override either?
The most current update available at this time is 2005. This is what the 06's are shipped with. Expect to see the next update (2006) at the beginning of November. Unfortunately I don't have any insight into the software revisions. Since both 2006 and 2007 IS's use the GEN 5 system and both use the same part number for the NAV computer my guess is that Lexus is shipping the 07's with the 06 update. So, it sounds like the 06 update will eliminate the override function on an 06 model. I'm still doing reserch to find out more.Michael said:So is the DVD different or the hardware different or both?
Mborner, thx for the info! +rep! I'm going to title your post, so that other '07 owners see it. BTW, any idea of the updated dvd disc for '07 will ALSO make it more difficult for our '06 vehicles to override the destination while moving?
Also, just to be clear do you tap the left side of the screen just once to get the override button to appear?
So what would putting an '07 dvd in our '06s do for the overfide. Disable the option?mborner said:Okay, it appears that the 07's are in fact shipping with the newest software installed. This software is not yet available over the counter, though. The only way to replace the DVD in an 07 at this time is to have it done under warranty.
Seat belt chime On/Off
Someone posted the steps on how to disable the chime over at CL...
Just did it...works.
Here are the steps:
1. turn the key to the ON position which means pressing the start button twice on the new IS since it doesn't has the key, foot off the brake
2. Press the trip reset button couple of times until the ODO is displayed (not trip A or B)
3. turn the ignition to the LOCK (OFF) position
4. unbuckle the driver's seatbelt if it was buckled.
5. turn the key to the ON position again press the start button twice. when the dash lights comes on, press and hold the trip reset button and count a slow 12 seconds. (editor's note, hold it more like 30 sec)
6. while still holding the trip reset button, buckle the driver's side seatbelt.
7.and the odometer display should read "b ON" or "b OFF". toggle the beep OFF with the trip reset.
8. the process should be completed when you unbuckle or turn the key off.