Lexus IS Forum banner

21 - 40 of 85 Posts

·
Cone Killer
7,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Michael said:
Rudy, is this what you were talking about? Works with no probs?
Yes, just about to e-mail you to let you know I had posted it here a while back.

·
Cone Killer
7,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Detailed instructions.

1. START DIAGNOSTIC MODE
(a) There are 2 methods to start diagnostic mode. Start
the mode by using one of them.
(b) Method 1
(1) Start the engine.
(2) While pressing and holding the "INFO" switch,
operate the light control switch: OFF → Turn ON
→ Turn OFF → Turn ON → Turn OFF → Turn
ON → Turn OFF.
(3) The diagnostic mode starts and the "System
Check Mode" screen will be displayed. Service
inspection starts automatically and the result will
be displayed.
(c) Method 2
(1) Start the engine.
(2) Switch to the "Display Check" screen.
(3) From the display quality adjustment screen,
touch the corners of the screen in the following
order: upper left → lower left → upper left →
lower left → upper left → lower left.
(4) The diagnostic mode starts and the "System
Check Mode" screen will be displayed. Service
inspection starts automatically and the result will
be displayed.
2. FINISH DIAGNOSTIC MODE
(a) There are 2 methods to end diagnostic mode. Use
one of them.
(1) Turn the engine switch off.
(2) Press and hold the "DISP" switch for 3 seconds.

·
Registered
504 Posts
METEORO said:
Detailed instructions.

and this step by step is for ??

·
Registered
14,187 Posts
mikeh555 said:
This is all for adjusting the bluetooth mic sensitivity, if people are complaining they're having trouble hearing you.

Quote:
first hold the "info" button (I did it for about 5 secs) then switch your parking light switch from off-to parking lights-repeatedly while still holding the info button....it takes about 5-6 cycles...an poof the NAV screen enter yet another Service menu. From there I navigated to a bluetooth menu where I was able to adjust the Microphone volume higher so that people can hear me better!

·
Cone Killer
7,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
mikeh555 said:
To get to the service menu in the nav screen. Amongst other things, here you can adjust the bluetooth mic sensitivity.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Nav Desitination Hack in 2007??

I have a 2007 IS350 with the Navi + ML. The series of screen taps posted for the 2006 model does not seem to work in my car. Does anyone else with a 2007 with the same problem? is there a different sequence to get to override mode in the 07?

·
Registered
14,187 Posts
AJRDU said:
I have a 2007 IS350 with the Navi + ML. The series of screen taps posted for the 2006 model does not seem to work in my car. Does anyone else with a 2007 with the same problem? is there a different sequence to get to override mode in the 07?
Are you trying to get the destination selection to work while you're moving or are you talking about adjusting the mic sensitivity for bluetooth?

·
Registered
14,187 Posts
AJRDU said:
i'm trying to enter a destination while moving. the mic sensitivity trick works.
Hmmm... and you're certain you're following instructions?
Menu,
Volume,
tap top left, bottom left, top left, bottom left.
hold override until you hear a beep,
hit back button in the upper right corner???

·
Registered
15 Posts
Yep. i do the menu, volume. I tap and nothing happens. it never gets anywhere beyond the volume menu. Do you think the 07's are different?

·
Registered
14,187 Posts
AJRDU said:
Yep. i do the menu, volume. I tap and nothing happens. it never gets anywhere beyond the volume menu. Do you think the 07's are different?
Wait, are you saying you tap up left, tape low left and repeat again and then you don't get the screen? To clarify, nothing happens until your 4th tape, THEN you get the menu which has an override choice on the left.

·
Registered
14,187 Posts
AJRDU said:
i tapped 4x and nothing happened. i also tried tapping more than that. still nothing.
So you're tapping once up top left, than once down low left, then once up top left, than once down low left? All 4 tapes right after each other? If so, I'm not sure what's wrong. I suppose it's possible that was changed for '07, but HIGHLY unlikely.

·
Registered
15 Posts
i'm doing that exact sequence.maybe the good folks at toyota decided they didn't want people overriding that anymore and changed the sequence. Any other 07's out there with the same problem?

·
Registered
15 Posts
I just read over on the club lexus forum that the data version of the DVD is different for the '07 models. the override won't work. The good news is that we now have the answer. It's just a waiting game until we figure out what the new override trick is.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Change destination while moving hack for '07

I have an 07 and it works. I tried and tried and couldn't get it to work either until I asked a Lexus tech to show me. Let me tell you a little secret that hasn't been mentioned in this thread yet. First, it must be done from the "display quality" screen. This is the screen in which you adjust your brightness and contrast. Everybody has said to tap the upper left and lower left "corners" of the screen. This is not true. You tap the left side of the screen but not in the upper and lower corners. If you try to tap the lower left corner you'll end up tapping your contrast button. No. You want to tap an area on the left side of the screen just above the contrast button. The attached .pdf file shows exactly where to tap the screen. I could not find an "override" button in any of the menus on my 07.
CAUTION: ENTER DIAGNOSTIC MODE AT YOUR OWN RISK!

·
Registered
14,187 Posts
AJRDU said:
I just read over on the club lexus forum that the data version of the DVD is different for the '07 models. the override won't work. The good news is that we now have the answer. It's just a waiting game until we figure out what the new override trick is.
So is the DVD different or the hardware different or both?

Mborner, thx for the info! +rep! I'm going to title your post, so that other '07 owners see it. BTW, any idea of the updated dvd disc for '07 will ALSO make it more difficult for our '06 vehicles to override the destination while moving?

Also, just to be clear do you tap the left side of the screen just once to get the override button to appear?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Thanks guys, but that still doesn't solve the problem. I can get to the menu that mborner writes about. I could acess that one via the info button already. what I can't do is find that Override button--which mborner can't find either. That's great info above--i used the menus to adjust my bluetooth volume. I just wish i could finished selecting a 'Marked' point in my navigation when the stop light turns green.

21 - 40 of 85 Posts