Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It is commonplace nowadays for the typical American car enthusiast to envy nations such as Japan, Europe, even Australia--for cars we drool over are easily accessible in these nations. This subject had me pondering the fact that America might actually possess a car that is drooled upon in other countries.
Yes, I am talking about the IS300. Do IS/Altezza enthusiast from foreign countries envy us Americans over the fact we get the 3-liter engine? How about when it becomes available with the stick?

·
Registered
816 Posts
Do I smell an attempt at pitting the IS/Altezza owners against each other?

------------------
051/LP/SR/LD/HH

·
Registered
126 Posts
I doubt it. In Japan they have some really killer cars.

------------------
I'll dump my Mustang for an IS...if and when they EVER make an IS coupe!

·
Registered
4,523 Posts
The IS300 SportCross will be made available in Japan and Europe. As for the IS300 sedan + manual, it will be available outside the U.S. too.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I think they have the IS200 with turbo in Japan.... with similar engine output... it is a higher reving engine... oh... and 6 speed... As a matter or fact, the front end is a bit lighter so the car have better balance....

·
Registered
4,523 Posts
Ack...there is no turbocharged version of the Altezza/IS200 from the factory! The Altezza is equipped w/ either the 3S-GE Dual VVT-i or the 1G-FE, both of which are NA engines.

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
Just to avoid possible confusion:

When JW says NA he means "Normally Aspirated" (non turbo)

_NOT_ - "North American", or "Not Availble"

·
Registered
4,523 Posts
Heheheh...thanks, TEG. I should've thought about that being confusing.

·
Registered
398 Posts
I can't say much since I've never driven the IS300 yet, but do I envy the US drivers? Well, of course. There's no replacement for displacement.

But ever since I installed the aftermarket turbo on my 6MT 3S-GE Altezza...Nah not that much anymore.

But I sure do envy the gas prices in the US! (FYI, Premium gas is YEN115ish/litre in Aichi, Japan, thats about US$3 per gallon. Well, the dollar is so strong nowadays, when the Yen was stronger it was US$4 per gallon.)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts