Lexus IS Forum banner

Do I need a strut bar on my car if I like to do fast cornering in the city?

1K views 14 replies 5 participants last post by  wingnut 
#1 ·
I like to do fast/spirited cornering or cornering without tapping on the brakes in the city. Do I need to install strut bars on my car so the chassis doesn't crack or warp?

#6 ·
Really! Well let me point something out. If you have a few points of a chassis. That flex independent of each other and usually go in different directions. From each other. Then you link them. They will not move as far. Do to them needing to move another point. Chassis 101...

Now you are he may not can push the chassis to the point in order to need this. But it does make a difference.

#9 ·
By sways, I mean do you have after market sway bars. My guess by your question is no. You also are not running on high-ultra high performance tires. Good performance tires are everything. The OEM sway bars on our cars are not that great. Although more expensive, I would put better tires on (plenty to choose from), and if you are running stock rims, I would go to 225/45r17 tires. Upgrade your sways to Eibach or Hotchkis (Hotchkis is my preference). I am struggling with the idea of strut tower bars and a trunk bar, and there are to many varying opinions on the matter, Tires and sways are agreed upon by all. its just which ones and model. They work big time!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.