Lexus IS Forum banner

61 - 68 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Hey so with my 01 is300, I look at the drivers door chasis and it says B02C so I should have LSD...right?

In my driveway theres an upwards incline onto the main road. I often turn around my car to drive forwards out. And where the pavement ends on the side theres a corner with small hole....

Sometimes, I've gotten my rear left wheel in that area. And when I accelerate, it won't drive out...I thought with LSD it would be spinning the right wheel too to push me out?
I usually find just reversing and driving around it gets me out the easiest...

·
Super Moderator
19,540 Posts
Hey so with my 01 is300, I look at the drivers door chasis and it says B02C so I should have LSD...right?

In my driveway theres an upwards incline onto the main road. I often turn around my car to drive forwards out. And where the pavement ends on the side theres a corner with small hole....

Sometimes, I've gotten my rear left wheel in that area. And when I accelerate, it won't drive out...I thought with LSD it would be spinning the right wheel too to push me out?
I usually find just reversing and driving around it gets me out the easiest...
Yes, you have LSD according to that 4 digit code. You can also verify by simply looking at the white sticker on the bottom of the diff.
M98, M85=LSD
M96=open
(Taken from http://my.is/forums/f87/official-oem-lsd-thread-case-closed-important-info-inside-380603/)
Our Torsen diff is torque sensing so it will act like an open unless both wheels have a load and the diff locks. That's why with an open diff you will only spin one tire while doing a burnout. Same thing as if you raise the rear end, it will act like an open until you gently apply the brakes while giving some gas and both wheels lock and spin the same way.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Oh nice, I'll have to check the sticker on the Diff. I always thought I had it until I read the door jam sticker and saw an A.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Sewell replacement key with discount - eternity

Has anyone bought the Eternity key lately from Sewell with forum discount?

No electronics, just the shell already cut to your vin?

How much?

:)

·
Registered
101 Posts
thanks to all the people who help making those thread. All those informations are very important to new owners.

61 - 68 of 68 Posts
About this Discussion
67 Replies
61 Participants
laying_low
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing