Lexus IS Forum banner

41 - 60 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
ahhhhh, my brain!!!!!
The IS is my Daily so I never bother with servicing it or modding it but since I just dumped over 2k in it I think its time to let the 86 rest and have a go at the lex!
Great info on here, its like the club4ag for IS's!!!

·
Registered
69 Posts
I think we should provide general information as to where the IS300 lexus was introduced, in which countries and which countires had the Altezza, etc... for general information... cause I just had an accident in my IS300 and I can't find a damn door in the junkyard cause the lexus was never introduced here :(

The first generation IS was not introduced

·
Registered
155 Posts
Hello all, mine says B01B on the door Jamb Sticker, Do I have LSD?

thank you for anybody who can confirm, cause I dont know if the B02, B01, or B03 makes a difference.

·
Super Moderator
19,540 Posts
Hello all, mine says B01B on the door Jamb Sticker, Do I have LSD?

thank you for anybody who can confirm, cause I dont know if the B02, B01, or B03 makes a difference.
Yes, that means the car was equipped with LSD. Whether or not the diff was replaced with another non-LSD, you would have to verify the sticker on your diff. Mine says M98 which is LSD.

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
sorry if i missed it but i just picked up an 01 is300 and only got 1 key i wanna get a replacement but dont want the transmitter on the key i dont like havin that along with my aftermarket remote in my pocket. are the factory remotes chipped for the car or can i do without

·
Super Moderator
19,540 Posts
sorry if i missed it but i just picked up an 01 is300 and only got 1 key i wanna get a replacement but dont want the transmitter on the key i dont like havin that along with my aftermarket remote in my pocket. are the factory remotes chipped for the car or can i do without
All of the keys have a chip in them, but the chip is used to start the car. The master key is the one with buttons(equipped with transponder to unlock/lock) and the valet key is the one without buttons, so depending on what type of key you have, you may or may not have trouble getting a duplicate.

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
i got the master with the remote on it but was hopin i could just get a reguler key so i wouldnt have to have that + my alarm remote in my pocket. i dont like alot of weight in my pocket it bugs me lol

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
cause i just put the alarm on + you cant trust ur stuff to a factory alarm atleast not around my state. i just dont like the idea of havin 2 remotes in my pocket if i dont have to.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Stock Wheel Specs

Sportcross wheels are wider in the rear at 17 x 7.5
Bolt pattern is 5x114.3
just wanted to confirm whether or not the offset remained at +50 for the sportcross rears?

also, were the sport design wheels the same specs as well?

finally, my friend and i *think* we've noticed different finishes on the standard 17" 5-spoke wheels. can anyone confirm?

edit: i found that the sportcross rears have a +55 offset according to this post
http://my.is/forums/f95/oem-wheel-specs-faq-isp-f-sport-f-x-package-382622/

perhaps we can add this link to the original post?

·
Registered
39 Posts
With all the new key or key replacement threads, I'm surprised no one has posted the part number for a new key yet.

TRANSMITTER ASSY, DOOR CONTROL (For 2002-2005 IS300) (Uncut key)
Part Number: 89070-53531-BL
$112.20 (from ToyotaWorld.com)

...just thought this info belongs in this thread.

·
Super Moderator
19,540 Posts
Is it possible to erase a transponder that belonged to another IS300, and program it to my vehicle?
Yes, i believe you can use another car's transponder in a new cut key but you will have to have the master from your car to start the reinitialization to start the reprogramming process. A valet key won't work, has to be two master key fobs.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Has anyone tried these people before?

UPGRADE your LEXUS 3 BUTTON REMOTE KEYS to our "NEW" SWITCHBLADE FLIP KEY CASE | eBay

I don't have the key code for my car, or even the OEM manual for that matter and I don't want to pull the door locks for the key code. This place seems nice in the fact that they can cut it for you and it will arrive ready to swap shells. But I was just curious if anyone has used them. I didn't want to clutter up the branch with another thread, so I thought I'd just ask here.

·
Super Moderator
19,540 Posts
Has anyone tried these people before?

UPGRADE your LEXUS 3 BUTTON REMOTE KEYS to our "NEW" SWITCHBLADE FLIP KEY CASE | eBay

I don't have the key code for my car, or even the OEM manual for that matter and I don't want to pull the door locks for the key code. This place seems nice in the fact that they can cut it for you and it will arrive ready to swap shells. But I was just curious if anyone has used them. I didn't want to clutter up the branch with another thread, so I thought I'd just ask here.
Our vendor David from I Tuned Parts did sell the flip Porsche and switchblade style key. I believe that's the same type. It is a pretty cool key, I've seen but don't own one. I believe you may be able to get the key code from Lexus via VIN, not positive.

Going through the vendor helps the site too!

http://my.is/forums/f201/oem-flip-style-keys-402060/

·
Registered
75 Posts
I'll definitely look through the vendor sites. Not sure how I missed them.

I don't know if the locks on this car have ever been changed and I'd hate to waste a good amount of money getting a key cut only to find out that my locks were changed.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Lost Keys / Adding Keys / Replacing Broken Keys

2001 Models- If you lose both master keys, Lexus claims you will have to get a new replacement engine ECU, in addition to the replacement master keys, as the ECU is reportedly “unflashable / not reprogrammable”. There are reports of certain places being able to reprogram the ECU for you if you remove it and send it out. See here for more info; http://my.is/forums/2774522-post4.html

this link isnt valid any more i called them 7/23/13 and they do NOT reflash ecu anymore
so im stuck

41 - 60 of 68 Posts
About this Discussion
67 Replies
61 Participants
laying_low
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing