Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
8,880 Posts
You need aftermarket alarm system supporting manual tranny remote start. Compustar is the recommended brand.

You need to put your car into a reservation mode when you shut it down, so the remote start system knows it was not left in gear.

·
Registered
5,153 Posts
*thinks about car shooting forward into a pylon at the simple press of a button*

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Useless
5,346 Posts
ÜberPhLuBB said:
*thinks about car shooting forward into a pylon at the simple press of a button*

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
This happened to me years ago. When the first remote starts came out, I was driving a manaul trans vehicle. Of course I am in the market of these toys, so I had to install one. Well I did not derive a safety device right away because I figured that it would be easy enough to remember to not park the car and leave it in gear like I did for many years. Well the first night I had it the car drove through a fence at a local night stop. Numerous times in the first week until I came up with a switch device to ensure the car was in netrual I chased it through parking lots, remote started into the house at 5 in the morning, etc..... Getting a unit like the Compustar system with its dedicated reservation mode is the only way to go. These system are not idiot owner proof though!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts